Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quick Update

I had another doctor's appointment today and found out that i am dilated to a "1-something" in her exact words. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that - since I know one can be dilated for sometime before actually going into labor. However, progress is progress! So I guess I'll take it at that.

I still don't feel desperate to have this baby, but I do feel a lot closer to "ready" than I did last week. It's funny to me, though, how many people make comments to me like "you must be SO ready!" and then proeed to give me tips on how to try and induce labor. At this point I am of the opinion that she'll come when's she's ready, and as my Aunt Linda said, the longer she's in there the cuter she'll be :-) Give me couple more weeks and I may not feel that way, but at this point...I'm doing just fine. If she's comes tomorrow, we'll be ready to go, but if she decides to wait that just gives us a bit more time to prepare.

That's all for tonight - I'll write more soon. I'll really try and keep you all posted as I get ever closer to meeting baby J!

4 comments:

Liv said...

I feel like I know nothing about you guys, since tommy left I don't get the weekly up date about life. I am so excited about your new one coming! The reason that I became so ready in the last 2 weeks is becasue that is when my stretch marks sprouted and I was not happy to say the least- oh ya and the never ending sickness! You look like an absolutely radiant pregnant woman- it almost makes me want to be that pregnant again- well I will be in time.
Love you guys so much.
Liv

Mama Mote said...

Waiting and praying. Excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Aunt Linda smart!!! ~Mom

Travis #2 said...

I totally felt the same way. Probably til I went PAST my due date... then I was getting ready. Then once I was in labor I would do ANYTHING to get Bella out of me. :-) she'll come when you (and she!) is ready...