Saturday, September 19, 2009

False Start

Sorry for the lack of update...I know some of you are possibly checking this more frequently now with my current state being as it is. As the title suggests, we did have a bit of excitement yeseterday. Around 3:00 I was in Target and suddenly began feeling what I am assuming were some "real" contractions (as opposed to the Braxton Hicks I've been experiencing for some time now). They were painful enough that I had to stop and catch my breath, so I decided I should probably finish up my shopping and head home. They were very inconsistent at this point, however, and once I sat down they slowed way down.

I went over to my neighbor's for a bit while I waited for Dan to get home, and they seemed to be coming at about 15 minute intervals at that point. I started to get excited - and scared - and Dan & I sat and timed them for a bit before we decided what our plans for the evening would be. They were never consistent enough to warrant just sitting around, and we decided walking may be a good thing for me. So we stuck our bags in the car (just in case) and headed out to do some shopping (since it was raining). While we were at Old Navy, they got down to about 5 mintes apart for about 30 minutes At that point, Dan got a bit concerned, but they just didn't hurt enought for me to think that was really it. So after sitting down for awhile at Cracker Barrell, they slowed way back down (back to 20-30 minutes). We came home, watched a movie, and they continued very sparatically throughout the night until we finally just went to bed.

I think we both kind of expected to wake up in the night with things really moving along, but that never happened. Today I've only had a few contractions, regardless of LOTS of walking. I have had a lot more crampy back-pain, so I'm hoping I'm not going to experience a great deal of "back labor," but I guess we'll see.

So there you have it - a bit of false labor I suppose. But regardless of what it was, I know something is happening and we're getting closer to meeting our daughter every day. And that makes me quite excited! I'll keep you all posted!

P.S. Sorry no one got a phone call (including our parents)...we just didn't want to alert the media when we were never fully convinced that anything was really happening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a "false start" at all. It's just the beginning of THE BEGINNING! Can't wait for the phone call!
Love you,
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I read your blog every day (sometimes twice a day!) and am so excited for you and Dan.! We'll be praying for a quick and easy delivery and can't wait to meet your new daughter. Lots of pictures will do until then!

Love,
Aunt Lois (and Uncle Bob)

********** said...

That's a five yard penalty in Dan's world. Good thing football and labor don't follow the same rules.