Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Homecoming

Wow...this is my first time on here since Saturday morning and I am a bit overwhelmed. You all have no idea what a blessing you were to me throughout my [LONG] day of labor and all of the wonderful and overwhelming moments since. Dan would periodically read me the comments that kept coming throughout the day, and I was just blown away by your support & encouragement. More than anything, I can't say I have ever sensed so many prayers!! You prayed me and Caroline right through all of it and I am incredibly grateful. Who knew what a great tool this little blog would be? :-)
Coming home has been a fairly easy transition thanks in large part to my Mom. She had a wonderful dinner ready for us when we arrived last night around 7:00. Caroline did great in her new bed and only woke mom & dad up a few times to feed. I'm feeling better each day, though still tired and of course a bit sore. I'm definitely taking advantage of the time Mom is here to rest up as much as possible. Dad

Anyway, you probably care more about seeing pictures than anything right now so I'm here to accomodate! These aren't nearly as good as Kelsey's, but I'll do what I can :-) Before Caroline calls again, let me get a few of these up. I'll keep them coming!

Not great - but our first family photo:

Daddy admiring his new daughter.

Some of her first visitors:
Jason & Jessica Crooks - our wonderful neighbors & friends.

The Williams family - dear friends from church. Laurie is expecting later this week!
Amy & Angilee - good friends from GMA.
Abby finally getting to meet Caroline - she waited all day on Saturday and fell asleep just before she arrived.

Snuggling with Daddy just before going to bed for the first time at home.


The AMAZING rocking chair my Grandpa AJ made for us!

Good night sweet girl - we love you!
Some more adoring fans - Spencer & Lauren (friends from church).

Daddy is a pretty big fan.







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Kali! Even though I can't see her sweet little face on some of the pics, I still know she's there! I'm so glad Sharon can be there to take over in "Schoon" fashion - we tend to just move in, you know!! I can't wait to meet little Caroline!
Love,
G.A.L.

Micah Hilton said...

So happy for you. So proud of you. She's so cute! Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kali, she's so precious :) Congratulations again!

Mama Mote said...

Very cute! Glad you have family and friends around to help. BTW, I haven't seen any stats. Did I miss them somewhere? Weight, length, etc.?

Anonymous said...

Yay for being home! I'm so glad you all are getting
settled! Look forward to seeing you all agAin soon!!

Angilee

Liv said...

the baby looks so beautiful! I think she looks like Dan!!! I am so proud of you Kali!! I love your family!
Liv

tiffanyann109 said...

She is just absolutely gorgeous! So glad you are home and doing well! Can't wait to see you and Dan and meet Caroline! Love you all!

Tiffany

Liv said...

Dan! Oh my gosh, congratulations! And Kali, you did the real work girl. I am so thankful that everything went alright! It's always a miracle when everything is ok. Gosh, I cannot wait to see Caroline. I forgot how small they are. Gosh, she is so blessed to be your child...you will be amazing parents! I am coming home in a few weeks. I will try to call you soon Dan. I have been so swamped here that I missed it all. The pictures at least give me the slightest idea of your joy! Praise God for Caroline! I guess the only down side is that Caroline has a Mama's Boy for a Dad. Kali will have to toughen her up.

Tommy

PS_Dan I got your package today. Thank you so much for the letter, and the L'Amour book is perfect!

Jason and Anna said...

Dan and Kali,

¡Felicidades! Anna and I are keeping up way over here in Chile and are loving the pics. To be honest though, it is REALLY weird seeing you (Dan) with a baby! You´re a dad!!! Crazy...anyways, I know you both will be amazing parents. And don´t pay atention to Tommy ;), you are one tough guy. Just try not to make a quarterback out of your little girl. Congratulations both of you.

Anonymous said...

Very happy for you all. God is good...all the time! I know Gramma Sharon is loving every minute!...and wishes so much that she could stop time...time to return to Mo. will come too soon! I think she looks like Kali! Beautiful! Love, Carol W.