Monday, January 25, 2010

Recent Happenings

I just thought I'd share a random smattering of pictures with you to recap a bit of what's been going on here in Nashville. Caroline is becoming more of a joy each day - if that's even possible. She's truly one of the happiest babies I know (and yes, I'm biased), and we are so very thankful for that! Here she is sitting up like a big girl at the table - apparently ready to dig in to the salsa & sour cream (no, she's not eating solids quite yet).


We've been working on tummy-time and really seem to be making some good progress now. She used to hate this and would fuss as soon as I put her down, but little by little she's getting stronger and learning to enjoy it.

Just a quick post-church photo:
This is what peacefulness looks like:
She's beginning to laugh out loud now, and it absolutely MELTS me! My neighbor took this photo of her peaking out of daddy's coat. Caroline gives her (my neighbor) more giggles it seems than anyone else - so cute!
On Friday I was able to spend a little time with Noonie, who was like a second mother to Dan when he was growing up (she's mom to 2 of his closest friends, Tommy & Travis). It's always a blessing to see friends who have invested in Dan's life, and I'm so glad she was able to meet Caroline.

Dan has recently joined a flag-football league with some friends of ours from church. He's very excited to do something competitive again on a regular basis (apparently me beating him at board games is getting old), and it's even better that it just so happens to be football. I snapped a quick picture the other day while the old QB was practicing.
Caroline & I went for a walk with a friend who's husband is also playing in the league while they were practicing...she was quite excited about it all.

Also, incase you didn't hear...the Colts are Superbowl bound! Caroline (and her daddy) are rather excited about it. I'm pretty sure this is the cutest little Colts fan EVER.

Okay, I officially either need to start taking fewer pictures or do a better job of posting more often. Amen.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Yea!! More pictures. Now I think I make it through my day! If that first one (in her bumbo by the table) doesn't make everyone who sees it smile, they've got a problem! Squeeze her for me.

Anonymous said...

Squeeze her for me too. It always makes me smile to look at her pictures. It also makes my heart smile to see that you are following the Schoon family heritage and revel in children! What a precious gift.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign previous post
Aunt Mary