Monday, December 28, 2009

Quick Update

I know you're going to be disappointed, but I don't have any pictures to share at the moment. Sorry - it's been a little hectic! We made it to my parent's at about 11:50pm on Wednesday night after about a 12 hour car trip that went very smoothly considering we had a 3 month old along. She was perfect! Then Christmas Eve friends & family came from far and near to meet little miss Caroline for the first time (my Mom commented it was like the Christ child was at our house...I think that was a bit much.).

We also got slammed with a blizzard that day, and it didn't stop snowing until yesterday!! Christmas day we were totally snowed in, and we could not have been happier. Dan had prayed for a White Christmas...suffice it to say God answers prayers :) My Aunt Linda & Uncle Alan were also able to join us for Christmas (for a little longer than they anticipated thanks to the snow storm), which only made Caroline's first Christmas that much better!

Saturday we celebrated out at my Grandparent's house and had a fabulous time. Caroline got to meet lots of great Aunts & Uncles, second cousins, etc., and I got to eat some of my Grandma's delicious cooking - does it get any better than that? Of course, my dad had to ferry us into town in his little pickup, the only 4WD vehicle we currently have, in order to make it out to Grandma & Grandpa's. He threw some blankets & pillows in the back and we crawled in a few at a time, then he'd make a trip into town and drop his load off with my Uncle Kirby who was waiting with a van to take us on out to Grandpa's. I think he made 3 trips total to get us all! Certainly a memorable voyage :)

I'll have pictures soon, but just wanted to get a quick post up in the meantime. Hope all of your Christmas celebrations were as wonderful as ours!

1 comment:

DPJ said...

Love you both!! I was a little bummed about the lack of pics...I needed to see my girls.