Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm back!


Whew - what a week! It's been wonderful, but very busy. Dan's family arrived in town last Tuesday, we headed out to the cabin on Wednesday, came back Sunday evening, and they left Monday morning. Then Tuesday morning, my Dad was able to come for a few days and just headed back to Missouri this morning (after missing his flight last night...that's another story). It's been so good to have family around! Caroline has no idea how loved she really is.
I haven't had a chance to sort through my gobs of Thanksgiving pics, but we had a FABULOUS time. I really don't think it could have been any better - such a sweet sweet time with family and such a peaceful place. Here are a few pics to tide you over until I can do a bigger post with more pics:

4 Generations!



It's so hard to write the first post after a little break - I always feel like there's so much to catch up on, so instead I don't write anything. Now that I think about it, I do that with a lot of things...it's overwhelming when the WHOLE house needs cleaned, or ALL the laundry needs done, or the PILES of dishes are a bit out of control...and instead of just getting a little done I opt for putting it off and letting the problem get a little bigger. Brilliant, huh? I hate being a procrastinator. Perhaps I'll work on that problem tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll get to the bigger post about Thanksgiving soon. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from the last few days. She had a pretty big time with her Papa Buddy! TWO battlefields/historic sites in just three days. She was obviously fascinated :-)







She also had her 2 month check-up and first round of shots on Monday. She is now 12lbs. 3 oz. and is in the 90th percentile for weight (yes, you read that correctly...feeding is going quite well, thank you for asking.) She's also 23" and in the 75th percentile for her height. At this point I think it's fair to say we have a very healthy, very chubby baby on our hands! Today I even got out the 3-6 month clothes as she's starting to outgrow some of her 0-3 month stuff already. That really made me kind of sad - I no longer have a newborn.






This is a really random post, I apologize. I had a great time with my Dad in town and hope to have a video for you sometime soon, as well. So much to stay tuned for, right?

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

First of all, I can't believe she is 2 months already!! Seems like just yesterday you were announcing her birth on your blog. They grow so fast don't they?? And second, I LOVE that your dad is wearing the bjorn. That is too cute!

Mama Mote said...

I love the sweet, little eyes peeking out. And the one with her head in your dad's hands (I assume)! That is so precious! So glad you had fun with families.

AmyBethJames said...

She's clearly eating it up in that picture where your dad is showing her the museum display. An early interest in historical markers, always a good sign.

DPJ said...

Love it Kal! Thanks for the new pics to show off at work. Our Caroline is so precious! Love you too!