Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend at home

Sorry for the lag in blogging lately. I've just been rather uninspired to write...and behind. I thought I'd share a few pictures from the past week and a rare weekend at home with NO plans and plenty of time to just hang out. Dan & I enjoyed the time with each other & Caroline so much and can't WAIT to have lots more days like this with my family back in Missouri. Just a few more days!

I'll start with last Sunday - another game day for Caroline as she and daddy took in another win for the Colts. Dan requested that I take these pictures specifically for the blog in honor of the undefeated season thus far. So there you go Dan - Go Colts!
Touchdown!

Kelsey was here (only my family will get this picture - sorry).

Daddy's favorite time.

Quick story....we had a Christmas party on Thursday with our Community Group, and my day didn't go quite as planned. I fixed a couple different snacks for the evening, plus dinner for the next day. I thought I was doing great, started ahead of schedule and even had delusions of grandeur that I may be able to call the couple that was hosting and offer to come early and help set-up. That was somewhere early in the day. When Dan showed up at 6:00 to change and pick us up (the party started at 6:30), I was still sitting helplessly on the couch in my sweats, un-showered, and nursing Caroline who was still in her pj's. And my kitchen looked like this (better than I looked, however). And my very patient husband just laughed and asked what he could do to help. About 6:35 we were shockingly ready to run out the door when Dan picked Caroline up, looking adorable in her Christmas dress & tights, only to discovered we had yet another blow-out on our hands. I didn't get a picture of that mess, but needless to say we became even later. All in all, it was a fun party, we were all dressed and food was ready. As the Pioneer Woman always says, just keepin it real folks.



Friday night we had dinner and hung out with our great friends who just happen to live right next door. I love that. They have a 22 month old & this little dolly, who's just 4 weeks old. Caroline doesn't know it yet, but we're pretty sure they'll be best friends.

Our favorite present this Christmas!
Hey guys...don't forget about me here.

weeee!!!!!

That was fun stuff!
Doing a little Christmas baking with mom & dad.
Am I doin this right, mom? (*disclaimer for Aunt Kelsey - the mixer was off in this picture)
What are you lookin at?
Here daddy, I'll take care of the stirring.

I think I hear my hungry baby waking up...better run! As you can tell, the girl likes to eat :-)

No comments: