Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Pioneer Woman


Last night my good friend Hannah & I decided to brave the rainy weather for a chance to meet one of our favorite bloggers - The Pioneer Woman. For those of you who are not familiar, you should really check out her website - http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ - whenever you have a few spare minutes. Just be aware that those spare minutes could really turn into hours & days spent perusing her hilarious writings, beautiful photograghy, and scrumptious recipes. The recipes get me every time.

She has just released a new cookbook, which is what brought her to Nashville last night for a book signing. And I had to be there. And so did Caroline because PW loves babies. In fact, Caroline got her picture taken, so I'm curious to see if she winds up on the blog today. Unfortunately the line was a little longer than we had anticipated (okay, a LOT longer) and Caroline didn't quite make it - she fell fast asleep in the baby bjorn about 20 minutes before we finally got to the front of the line. Bummer.

Anyway, I know a few of you occassionally look at her blog so I thought you'd like to know I was one of the crazy people who waited several hours just to meet her and have her signature scrawled across my new cookbook. But it was worth it :)





(PW's friend Hyacinth & sister Betsy)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun that you got to meet good ol' PW!

ps- I put you as a link on my blogroll, is that ok?

Andrea said...

Kali-I'm jealous! I've been reading PW's blog for a few months now, so it's funny to see worlds collide in your pictures. Hope you are well! -Andrea

alphasig343@hotmail.com said...

Kali,
I am jealous too! Kathryn (Fagan) and I went to KC to see her and due to the weather and whatnot chose not to wait in line for hours. We did see her from a distance, got a free shirt and spoke to Marlboro Man! Love her

Anonymous said...

This is SO exciting. I have been telling people for years to go to PW's blog to cook--I say she has made a difference in my life! I think the pictures help alot. Caroline will never know how exciting this is....
Melinda

Amanda said...

there are NO WORDS for my jealousy. no words.
Why, Ree? Why do you hate northern california?! :(
I'm only slightly exaggerating...

Carrie Mathison said...

It's so funny. I just heard of PW a couple weeks ago from another blog that i read. she had went to see her for her book signing in Kansas City! Seems to be the thing to do lately! Blessings to you and i must say in spite your struggles, i laughed out loud at work to your last post! Unfortunaely i am not much help and i don't have any advise your you on that.

Bobbi and Kat said...

OH! I'm so jealous! I love her blog. Especially all the yummy food!!!

Whitney said...

I had never heard of Pioneer Woman before....but am now addicted!!!