Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blogger's Block

I'm experiencing a bit of blogger's block, not exactly due to lack of material but rather because of the excess I've been storing up. Or something like that. I'm still trying to figure out this "spare time" thing without the structure of a daily job to go to, and how exactly to spend the time in a productive manner. Lots to think about, but I suppose I'll write about that later.


In the meantime, I was tagged awhile back by my friend Amanda and asked to post 6 unimportant things that make me happy. So in a very unimportant order...here you go:

{Rules: name/link to the person who tagged you and share your unimportant things! really easy!}


1. My rainbow flip-flops; the best sandals I've ever owned.

2. My bread machine. I don't use it as often as I should, but I love the results when I do!

3. My eye drops. These may actually fit into an "important" category, because if I'm caught without them and allergies attack, it's not pretty.

4. Clorox wipes. I hate a messy bathroom, so these are a quick fix between deep cleaning. And they make me feel a little better about the time lapse between deep cleanings :)

5. My dishwasher! Having lived without one for the first 2 1/2 years of marraige, this was quite possibly the biggest luxury I gained in our move. I'm amazed every time I use it - seriously.

6. My straightening iron. My only hope for friz-free hair.


So what's you're favorite unimportant "thing"? Now it's your turn to share!

1 comment:

Mama Mote said...

Well, I'm jealous because you have a dishwasher. After years of having one, we moved into a very small house in Redondo Beach and there's no dishwasher except me (although Dan does his share). Brings me back to my childhood days when that's all I did in the kitchen. I never learned to cook, just do dishes. Sad. And not having a job is a hassle. I spend lots of unproductive time trying to think of things productive to do. I hurt my rib so that sort of set me back. But I'm excited to get back in the swing of things and look for a job - maybe then I'll start thinking of RB as my new home. Also, I hope to go to a Moms in Touch prayer group to meet some women and find out what churches they go to (maybe we missed one - we're still looking). Love your list...can't think of things right now. Maybe later. God bless you and Dan and Girl Johnston.