Sunday, June 14, 2009

We Bought a Crib!


After much looking (probably a little too much - way too may options), we finally made a decision yesterday and purchased this crib. I love it! It's ordered now, so we'll just have to wait for it to come in sometime in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to see this all put together in what will soon be the baby's room...I just can't believe I'll actually have a baby to put in this in 3 months! Thanks for the advice on choosing a crib - we eventually settled on buying new for this as we were able to find some good deals, but I have become a regular browser of Craigslist and hope to make some of our other purchases there.

Also, when I was home a few weeks ago, Mom & I were able to pick out some fabric to make all of the various accessories for the room (bumper pad, curtains, etc.). Mom is going to be making a quilt, and Grandma Ann is going to help me with the rest...I'm so lucky to have such talented family! Here are the pieces, with the exception of another green fabric that didn't make it in the picture:
And finally, the glasses photo that should have gone with the last post from our trip to see "Up" in 3-D:

5 comments:

kelseylynae said...

I love those colors! Who knew you were such a fashionista!?

I will be coming on Saturday still, if that is okay? I'll call you soon.

And I love the dark wood on the crib.

Kyle Bridgman said...

I put our first crib together and was so proud that I only had 3 parts left over. Sue was not so proud and I re- assembled it with only 2 parts left over. Needless to say it worked out fine. I hope Dan has better luck with the assembly of your new crib.

Anonymous said...

I love your fabrics & the crib! What a cute nursery it will be!
Love,
Aunt Linda

Micah Hilton said...

I love those colors and fabrics too!!!!! Hope to get to see you this weekend when we are in town.

Unknown said...

As an old hand at this fabric-pickin' biz, I have to say you done good! I can't wait to see the finished baby room, and, yes, I do hope to see it SOMEday!!! If you need any help with patterns, let me know. I do have a . . . eh-hem . . . few.