Saturday, May 30, 2009

Whew!

What a week! Last Friday morning, Dan & I boarded a plan (bright & EARLY I might add) for Kansas City and were able to spend some wonderful time with my family at home in Missouri. We had a wedding on Saturday - my lifelong friend Katie Kimberling (congrats Katie & Devin!), then enjoyed some much needed time with family and friends the rest of the long weekend.

Dan had to go back Monday evening, but because of my new umemployed status, I was able to stay until Thursday evening! I can't tell you how refreshing it was to just be home, to spend time with Mom, Grandma & Grandpa, Paige & Torri, old friends....to sit on the porch & read my book while the birds & deer roam about me...to look at baby stuff with my Mom...to let Mom cook for me...it was a wonderful time. For whatever reason I really didn't take but a couple of pictures, so if you'd like to see some of the festivities, take a look at my sister's blog.

I got back Thursday night and spent yesterday playing catch-up here at home. Dan's sister Jewel is coming to visit for a few days (arriving in just a couple hours!), so I've been busy getting this house in order. While it's always work, it feels so good to have a clean home at the end of it! And a fresh batch of cinnamon rolls waiting on the counter :)

I better run - still a few things left to do and I just realized I should maybe take a shower...I look about like my house did a few hours ago! Sorry for the lack of posting, but it may be a few more days before life settles down enough for me to really get back into the swing. Or am I really ever in the swing of this blogging thing? Don't answer that. I promise I'll be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pleasure was truly mine having you (and everyone!) here. What a joy family is! Soon you will understand that even more.

Love you. ~Mom