Friday, June 19, 2009

From the Archives

Dan & I finally broke down and bought a new printer this week after our old one bit the dust back in January. Suprisingly (to me), nearly all of the new printers now come with the copy/scan feature, so I decided to try out the scanning feature this morning. I'm so excited about this! I've always wanted to be able to scan in old photographs so we can have digital copies -- and now we're in business. Here are a few photos I scanned in this morning from the old Carroll archives:


Dad, me & Kelsey - Christmas '86 (I think)
A proud Momma & me all ready for church

So apparently this new-found love for food isn't so new afterall.
My sweet Great Grandma Huisman & me - she was a precious lady.


That's all for now! Now I'm off to the pool to try and survive this crazy humidity and heat. I think the heat index is supposed to reach 105* today - yuck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that would be Christmas 1986 - our first year in that house. Great times! And your love for food--nothing new. You came that way! Love seeing the old pictures--look forward to more. ~Mom

Anonymous said...

Love it, Kali ... great pictures! Yes, Grandma Huisman was one sweet lady!
A.L.

Mama Mote said...

Don't you just love scanners. I used ours for my girls' pictures when I posted birthday blogs on each of them. It was great! And from what I see, you look like your mom. You are looking great, Kali. Hope you're getting the needed rest and time to prepare for the new kidlet. Love you guys.

meetingbetty said...

Mostly I love these because they will be a great indicator of what baby will be like.

Mitch & Cindy said...

Hey Kali-Great pics, gosh do they bring back memories!
Who's the handsome young guy holding Kelsey? I guess that be Recruit Carroll!?
And the young lady holding you? She hasn't changed any. :-)
Y'all look super! We miss you all.
mitch & cindy

Liv said...

you look so glowing beautiful in your prego picture on the side. I hate heat like that. Good luck.
Liv