Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yuck!

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Nashville - 75, sunny, no humidty, no bugs yet. Plus, it was the first day since the fall that it was still totally daylight out on my drive home, which I love! So I was having an unusually enjoyable commute home with my windows down to take in the lovely fresh air when all of a sudden the pleasant smell of fresh blossoms was choked out by cigarette smoke. I was so angry! Some guy that had pulled up behind me at a stoplight had his cig hanging out the window and the lovely breeze carried it right into my cab and totally ruined the moment for me. I HATE the smell of cigarettes, and that hatred has only increased with my current condition.

Moral of the story - cigarette smoke is gross. It ruins beautiful spring days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this one! My downstairs (in my SUPPOSEDLY smoke free building) smoke like bandits on their patio and the smoke drifts up onto my patio meaning I have to quick close my windows/door to keep it out of my apartment.
So gross!
~Amanda

AmyBethJames said...

Maybe it was for the best, as right now the only "fresh blossoms" to smell are the Bradford Pears, which smell like dying fish. You wouldn't think that something so cheery and fluffy and white could be so noxious. But you'd be WRONG. Why is that, I wonder!?

Jason and Anna said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so late on the news! You're preggo!!! aah! Congratulations!!! :-) So, was this planned or did the bc fail you! Please say it was planned! haha. I don't want to be paranoid! YAY for babies!