Monday, March 16, 2009

12 Weeks & Counting

I hit the 12 week mark this past Wednesday, so I have almost entered the 2nd trimester! I guess it depends on who you ask -- some say 12 weeks is the mark and some say it's 13. Either way, I'm almost there. It's strange to think I'm already 1/3 of the way through my pregnancy!

A couple weeks ago, my sister sent me this very cute gift called "The Belly Book" which is a journal of sorts specifically for pregnancy with a weekly place for belly pictures. As I mentioned last week, I'm just starting to grow, but I thought I'd go ahead and start documenting the process since it might be fun to look back on at some point. I think.
Anyway, in case you're curious, here are a couple of 12-week belly pictures from this past Wednesday:

There's just something awkward about this. But I have enjoyed watching some of my friend's pregnant belly's grow through pictures, so I figured why not :-)

We also had a doctor's appointment on Friday and got a good report. We got to hear the heartbeat, which totally blew me away! It really seemed like I was just in the room listening to the doctor talk to someone else about all of this...it just doesn't seem possible that it's actually happening to me! But there was definitely a heartbeat, and it definitely came from my womb - which was a pretty incredible realization.

When does this all actually sink in? Please tell me it happens sometime before the baby actually comes home with me. I'm guessing there are a few things I need to do before then.

6 comments:

AmyBethJames said...

KJ BumpWatch09! Your tummy is cute! This is all very good for the future scrapbook which I will help you make. :)

Courtney said...

Kali Kali Kali!!! I had NOOOOOO idea! CONGRATULATIONS AND UBER HUGS!!!!
I have definitely been out of blogland for too long - both writing and reading, obviously. I'm so glad for you guys!!!!

LOVE LOTS!!
~Courtney

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm really old! Nobody could have paid me enough money to send pictures all over the country of my belly - even 25 years ago when you were in it and it was relatively cute like yours is. Kids these days :)

Love you anyway! ~Mom

Anonymous said...

One more thing - that's my grandbaby in there! No wonder its cute!!!

Mom again (Nana Carroll!)

Micah Hilton said...

to Sharon:
with the way you look over your glasses at times or put your hands on your hips when you laugh as you tilt your head...I think you are more of a Granny
vs Nana
just my opinion ;)

Kik said...

Definitely continue to document the baby bump. It does feel awkward, but I wish I had started as soon as you have.

It won't feel real for awhile. It actually gets annoying because people say "you don't need to be doing that" or some other thing like that even though you look and feel fine (and in my case not even pregnant until about 6 months).

The moment you see your baby in a sonogram, it becomes real. His/Her features will be prominent enough to tell what he/she will look like. It is love at first sight.

Congratulations on being done with the 1st trimester!

Kik