Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Pink Lines

Awhile back I did something I've done a few times before - I peed on a stick. But this time was a little different. This time, after I laid the fascinating little piece of technology down and waited the required 3 minutes before peaking, I didn't toss it in the trash can. In fact, I gripped that thing so tightly you'd think it had tried to escape. This time, an extra little pink line appeared across the screen...and it didn't go away. So I did what any respectable woman would do who saw 2 pink lines appear on a stick she just peed on - I frantically screamed for my husband to come QUICKLY.

And then I peed on another stick. And the same thing happened.

And then I started getting queasy and started hating foods & smells I had once dearly loved - like coffee.

And then I went to the doctor, and they showed me this:

Apparently I've aquired some sort of a parasite! But good news - they say it will pass in about 6 1/2 months.

In all seriousness, Dan & I are absolutely THRILLED! What a beautiful and miraculous gift pregnancy is, all nausea & exhaustion aside :-) I am 11 weeks along today and have been given a due date of September 23. I'm anxious to get through this first trimester, but thankfully I'm just a couple of weeks away now.

I thought it was time to come out with my little secret here on this blog of mine. Perhaps you'll be hearing from me a little more frequently now that I have something important to talk about! I certainly seem to have a lot more crazy thoughts rolling around my head these days :-)

17 comments:

AmyBethJames said...

YAY the secret is OUT! Can't wait to hear more about the little peanut and how it feels to have him/her living in your tum. I'll be living vicariously through your experience. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!

katie said...

oh my oh my oh my!! congratulations!!

Mama Mote said...

Oh, boy...or girl. The picture like he/she is snuggled in a blanket. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kali, it's Amanda Allen....
CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you and Dan! How exciting!

kelseylynae said...

I can't believe you let me find out on your blog....!!!





Okay, just joking everyone. Hadn't seen the pic of the sonogram though- amazing. My favorite Carroll niece or nephew is already precious! Keep the blog updated please!
PS have you told SJ yet?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! (Grandma told me last week, so I called your mom...) Can't wait to meet your new little one!

Love, Aunt Lois

Anonymous said...

I can't believe there is anyone left that didn't know. I've been doing my very best to tell EVERYONE!!! (Family, friends, acquaintances, strangers on the street.....anyone who will listen) I actually went through my list of numbers on my phone to see if there was anyone I hadn't told yet! Am I excited? Just a tad!

Mom a/k/a GRANDMA!!!

Sarah Griffin said...

OH my goodness, that is so exciting! Hi Kali, you don't know me.. but I'm worked with Dan on Jr.High staff at Grace a long time ago! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. Tell Dan I said hello.. :)

jenny said...

Ya Ya Ya!! So excited you FINALLY posted about this! I've been wanting to leave you a comment, but Dan made it clear to not say anything publicly (like on Facebook...) . :-) So... oh yes! I'm just so excited for you THREE!!!

The ORourkes said...

Congratulations! It is worth the nausea, vomiting and aversion to most smells. They are more precious that you could ever imagine.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie!
I've been checking everyday to see if you've made the big announcement yet! Plus, I nearly choked when I read Maddie's "Congratulations" to you. Surely somebody had to suspect something! Loved the picture ... I'm wondering if he/she will like to do "give me a paw" or have "splash baths!"
Love you,
Aunt Linda

Micah Hilton said...

Yeah I can finally say congrats!!!!! I can't wait to read your blogs, this one was excellent! I agree with Kelsey. I just bought Tiff and Jonathon a bunch of baby clothes 2 days ago, and when I say a bunch I mean 96 dollars worth! can't wait to see belly pics! Hope you feel better soon.

Kyle Bridgman said...

Congratulations Officially!
Sorry I started to let the cat out of the bag on facebook. No one tells me anything about keeping secrets. We are sooooo excited about your new little trumpet player! (an old band director can hope, can't he?) Keep us all updated.

*carrie* said...

Kali,

Glad Kelsey linked over here so I could read your exciting news. Congratulations!

liz oelker said...

You don't really know me. I'm a friend of Dan's from Grace. I check in on you guys from time to time and just saw this post and wanted to congratulate you both. Very exciting news! all the best!

Kik said...

Congratulations, Kali. Your story of discovery played out very similarly to mine. After months of nothing, I had to have Alex examine it to make sure I wasn't have blurred vision or something.

By the way -- you are a great blogger. I was practically rolling on the floor laughing as I read.

Take care and best of luck!!!!

Brandon and Whitney Nall said...

oh my gosh, kal!!!!!! i am THRILLED for you and dan! absolutely THRILLED. can't wait to talk to you :)