Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend with Nana

My Mom was able to come down and spend a few days with us this weekend, and Caroline could not have been more excited to see her (or maybe that was the other way around...)! The time always seems to short, but I'm thankful that what time we do have becomes so very precious.

Nana was excited to give Caroline a REAL bath since the last time she was here she could only have sponge baths. There's nothing better than a fresh & clean baby all wrapped up after bathtime.


Mom also blessed us with an evening of babysitting so we could go on our first date sans baby since her arrival. We had a wonderful time wandering around the mall and enjoying a delicious meal at the Cheesecake Factory (courtesy of Dan's Mom - thank you so much, Karee!). It was only slightly weird to not be pregnant or pushing a stroller, and we only talked about her some (or all...) of the time :-) Thanks again to both of our Moms!

Caroline also had a quick photo-shoot in her giraffe robe. Everyone needs a robe, you know. Especially when you're this cute in it!



People say that you never fully know how much your parents love you until you become a parent yourself. I think there is certainly some truth to that. I also think that somehow that realization allows me as a child to love my parents more deeply. I always have and always will look at my Mom as the wisest, most loving woman I've ever known. I'm still pretty sure there's not much she can't do or doesn't know. What I'm not sure of, however, is how I will ever be that in the eyes of my own daughter. It's a strange and wonderful thing to become the Mommy myself, but how thankful I am to have my mommy to look to as I figure this thing out.
Thanks for making the trip, Mom, and thanks for teaching me how to be a mom - even when you didn't know I was watching.
Oh, and I think you make a pretty great Nana, too.

6 comments:

Angilee Claire said...

Aww! I'm so glad you all had a great visit! Also, did you cut your hair!? So pretty! :)

kelseylynae said...

Okay...I cried. Nice job.

And LOVE your hair. And the giraffe robe. And how cute Caroline is...can't WAIT to see her.

Oh and where did you get the gray and white striped shirt and was it a recent purchase?

Anonymous said...

Prettiest little trio of girls ever! That robe is adorable! Gee, after being in my robe for four days, Alan said today maybe I need to buy a new robe - think he's maybe sick of it??? Hmmm - maybe a giraffe robe would be just the ticket!
Love,
A.L.

Whitney said...

I so enjoy reading your words and keeping up with your life these days...what a precious time you seemed to have had with your mom. As an older sister of two girls myself, I love to see how this little baby has affected your relationship with your mom and sister...what a sweet connection you guys have.

Also, I am loving the giraffe robe; it's never too soon to start telling Caroline stories from Nance Lane. By the way, I got the video through facebook, but it didn't have any volume for some reason. But, I didn't need to hear Dan's words to understand the view....just as if we had never left, nothing has changed. :-) I'm glad you two got a chance to have a date night, and I LOVE your hair!! So cute!

AmyBethJames said...

hey haircut! Love it! Miss you. I had some free time this week but didn't think we should hang out as Ben has been sick and I didn't want to be a germ carrier! Maybe soon!

Amanda said...

Oh Kali, she's the cutest :) I love the giraffe robe!!