Monday, August 24, 2009

blah

The weekend came and went with little fanfare here at the Johnstons. Dan came home feeling a bit under the weather on Friday and promptly went to sleep (a rare occurrence if you know Dan). While there are many great things about working in the medical field, one of the downsides is being exposed to lots and lots of sick people. As I mentioned briefly before, Dan switched jobs about 3 weeks ago and now works at an Ear Nose & Throat clinic. So...new job = new bugs.

I immediately started pumping us both full of extra vitamin C and fluids (as if I'm not drinking enough water already), hoping to get Dan better quickly and to avoid the bug myself. But no such luck. By Saturday evening, my throat had that scratch that lets you know you're in for it, and yesterday we were both pretty puny. Fortunately it just seems like a cold, so hopefully it will be short lived!

Dan headed off to work this morning feeling a little more perky but still not 100%, and I've spent most of the day on the couch just trying to rest. If anyone has any tips for a puny pregnant girl, please let me know!

No comments: