Monday, May 11, 2009

Sand & Sun

What a week! It's hard to believe we were really just in sunny paradise, lying under our tiki hut and enjoying the simple fact that we were together with nowhere to be and no time limits on anything. We had an absolutely fabulous time, and I still can't believe how incredibly beautiful it was. I felt like we were hanging out in a post card! Here are a few pictures from our time in Aruba:

A view of our resort

the fabulous tiki huts where I spent most of my time!


Pelican Pier - a cool little restaurant on the water where we had a snack one evening



Out for a stroll...in front of a very cool-looking resort called the Riu




Lunch at Moomba's - this fun restaurant right on the beach under a HUGE tiki hut



my wonderful breakfast chef with our pancakes and bacon ready on the balcony


the view from our balcony

a romantic dinner with our toes in the sand at a seafood restaurant called Hadicurari



the view from our table


Baby J enjoyed Aruba very much! Here we are at the half-way point - 20 weeks!

hiding from the intense sun under a Divi Divi tree - this was the day we went snorkeling



Arashi Beach where we went snorkeling - my favorite day of the trip!

the beautiful Italian restaurant overlooking the Caribbean - we were quite hungry after our snorkeling adventures!


This picture really requires its own post...our little "excursion" into the desert

taking in the view


This trip was truly a blessing to us - one I never imagined we'd be able to experience. We are so thankful for the opportunity and will not soon forget all of the wonderful memories of Aruba.

5 comments:

Mama Mote said...

Looks like a really beautiful place. My Dan wants to go there sometime...now I can't wait. You have some great pictures here and I love how Baby J had fun, too. :) Glad you got the chance to go on this trip before BJ comes around.

AmyBethJames said...

I loved your pictures and want to see more, specifically of your accidental hiking adventure. The one of you by the beach w/ baby bump was extra adorable. :) I'm happy for you that you got this well-deserved break!

Angilee said...

I also love your pics and laughed out loud when I saw Dan in the desert during your "adventure!" Looks AMAZING!!
Happy you're back safe!

Micah Hilton said...

absolutely beautiful!!!! And you look adorable in those pics, especially the belly pics! You have got down the belly modeling poses :) I want to go to Aruba now!

Carrie mathison said...

I photo of you 2 at the restaurant (you in your purple dress) is so amazing! it's so great you were able to have the trip especially before the baby. Loren and I hope to do an overseas trip or something before we start having kids too. SO happy for you!