Monday, March 31, 2008

What I've Been Up To Lately

I don't have time for much of a real post right now, but thought I'd throw some pictures up for the time being. We've been busy!

We went bowling with our good friends Megan & Alan Weatherford (& Abby!):

Then Dan surprised me (AGAIN!) and took me to Memphis for our Anniversary! We went to the zoo, stayed in a snazzy hotel (Hyatt Place), and saw our good friends Travis & Jenny Fugler.




Then this weekend we finally got to go to the Grand Ole Opry! My boss's husband is actually a background singer for the Opry (cool job, huh?) and was kind enough to share his back stage passes with us, so we got to meet all sorts of cool people!

Me & Phil Stacey (from American Idol)


Me & Melinda Doolittle (also from American Idol)
Vince Gill (he held the door open for me - quite the gentleman)


Me & the legendary Little Jimmy Dickens...this seriously made my night!

And one more to end on...

6 comments:

jenny said...

It was SO good to see you guys... even though it was brief. I still feel awful that I was so under the weather and *blah* feeling. Love you guys!

AmyBethJames said...

Yay, what fun you've had! You inspire me to put more pics on my blog.

Jason and Anna said...

Yay for the grand arrival of TJ's! I would most definitely be sad if I lived some where that didn't have a Trader Joe's. Although, I think that I would spend a lot less money on food if we didn't have one here. Do they have them where you grew up? I know they definitely didn't have it in North Carolina (where I'm originally from). For the longest time I thought that it was just a Cali thing! So yay for Nashville getting their act together!

kelseylynae said...

abby is entirely cute.

Bobbi and Kat said...

Wow...what FUN! I loved Phil Stacey and Melinda when they were on American Idol. How cool!

I hope you survive getting ready for the awards. Have you heard of a group called Spur58? I just heard about them because of this volunteer thing I'm doing, but they are from Nashville and I really like them. Not sure if they are popular enough for an award yet. Will you get to talk to Steven
Curtis Chapman? I LOVE him! You have a very cool job. ;) I'll be watching to see what happens next.

Anonymous said...

First i want to thank you for all the wonderful articles you post. Thanks again for let us spread the love we have for our's favorites one. Melinda Doolittle are really a talented singer with a big heart of Gold! Without website will be really difficult for any fans to share the great news about them. Thanks.
FREE SONG FROM AMERICAN IDOL'S MELINDA DOOLITTLE! GO TO www.melindadoolittle.com and get it NOW - FREE! New album released on February 3, 2009! Don't miss it!