Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has come early this year in Tennesee.  And while I'm not so sure how I feel about 85 degree days in March, we have definitely been enjoying the beauty of the change of seasons.  This time last year we were house hunting, preparing to move, and I was still nauseously pregnant which somehow caused me to feel like I missed Spring entirely.  I'm determined to not let that happen again this year, so we are thoroughly enjoying watching nature awake all around our home for the first time.  Here's a little glimpse of what's going on (slightly out of order - oh well):

Showing me some of her new flowers before church on Sunday




in front of the cherry blossom tree on Sunday


this is the same tree today -- how quickly the blossoms disappear! (that's our house in this picture, the neighbor's in the other)
Dan's been working very hard to prepare the garden this year.  We've had a compost pile since last May in hopes of improving the soil, and he built an incredible stone wall in front and back since it's on a hill.  He's planted broccoli and cauliflower now, and we think we'll be able to harvest these in May -- just in time to plant our tomatoes & squash!


When the weather warms up, the kids come out to play!  A couple of the neighbor boys joined Caroline this morning to watch a bird build a nest on our porch.  When they ask tomorrow where the nest went, I had nothing to do with it...

Will & Caroline are big buddies.  She even lets him smell her flowers -- especially when he's dressed as a super hero.

These two are lots of help for Daddy!

Dan's masterpiece - he carried all of these rocks in and built it himself.  Such a manly man.  And those red buds nearly make me sing!  (okay, so it honestly doesn't take much to make me sing.  now you know.)


It's hard to see the top one, but this was a complete double rainbow behind our house last week.  It was so beautiful I cried!  (Just kidding...but have you seen that youtube video?)
Here's to Spring sticking around for awhile...and Summer not creeping in too quickly!

2 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Wonderful pictures, Kali - thanks!! Caroline is just one of the "big kids" now, isn't she?!

Amanda said...

This weather is so amazing, I can barely take it :)