Thursday, September 16, 2010

So Close

I am so very close to having a true toddler on my hands it's not even funny. Caroline has been taking 2 or 3 steps at a time for the past several days and standing for extended amounts of time...that is, until she realizes what she's doing. As soon as it registers in her sweet little [bald] head that she's standing without any help, she promptly sits herself down. Even though it saddens me to realize that my baby is growing up, it is so fun to watch her discover the world around her a little more each day. Lately, she's really started to recognize objects and their particular uses. For instance, she recently picked up my hair pick and began combing her own "hair," which cracked me up because I had never combed her hair at that point (if you can imagine that!). I have since gotten her a baby brush which she has learned to use correctly (most of the time). The other day I watched as she pulled a washcloth off the shelf and began "cleaning" the fronts of my cabinets. She alo often tries to put Daddy's socks and shoes on her own little feet, too. It's really best when they're clean :)

One of her favorite objects is my cell phone. She's even figured out how to put it up to her ear to listen and talk. Dan dug around and found one of our old phones that no longer works and it has quickly became her new favorite toy.
I used it as a means of distraction yesterday to snap a few pictures of her standing like a big girl.

She's so proud of herself!



Hmm...who's calling me?
Excuse me Mommy, I think I need to take this one.

3 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

You do realize that these pictures drive your mom and dad CRAZY!! Looks like she will be walking by her first birthday! Can't wait to see you!

Sharon said...

I predict she'll be walking by the time she gets to Nana's house! I think Torri is planning on teaching her how to run while you're here. Can't wait! Sweet sweet pictures.

Mama Mote said...

Oh, Kali! How aDORable!!! She looks so proud of herself, too. By the way, was her daddy calling her? hugs