Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh Monday

I really dread Monday mornings. In a different way than when I used to work, but I still dread them. Weekends are so fun these days, and it's hard to tell who enjoys the time with Daddy home more - Caroline or me! And Dan can't wait to walk through the door on Friday evening at the end of a long, busy week. He gets quite the reception.


Just the opposite is true of Monday mornings. Dan drags his feet as he prepares for another work week. I lay in bed as long as humanly possible (okay, so maybe that's every morning...), and Caroline doesn't let Daddy out of her sight. She really picks up on when one of us is getting ready to leave, especially when Daddy is getting ready for work.


Eventually he's ready to go, I've drug myself out of bed, fed Caroline, and we make our way to the front door to say good-bye. Then I sit back and watch this heart-breaking scene unfold:

If you look closely, you'll see Daddy standing on the sidewalk. These two gaze longingly at one another for some time.

Inevitibly, Dan makes his way to the truck

and pulls out, with one last wave out the window.



Caroline waves and blows kisses like a crazy person, even after Daddy is long-gone.



Still waving. I evenutally drag her away from the door and we carry on with our morning. But we both miss Daddy terribly and wave to him and blow some more kisses periodically throughout the day.
Come back soon, Daddy! We miss you terribly.
Rotten Mondays.
(Side note: Please excuse the mismatched jammies. Daddy dressed her for bed last night. He claims she picks out her own clothes now. Those two - quite the pair!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a dad I can tell you it's not much easier on the other side of the door.

Pa Pa

DPJ said...

Only too true

kelseylynae said...

Brent just said,


"Whew! That's rough. I can hardly read that."

And walked in the other room.


Her bald head is especially cute from behind.