Sunday, August 8, 2010

goodbye

My Grandma Schoon got to go HOME yesterday morning and finally meet her sweet Jesus face to face. Her once blind eyes could see Him, and her previously frail body was able to dance & sing in His presence.

I don't know exactly how it all works, but I like to imagine that Grandpa was there waiting for her with a hug & a smile, welcoming her to the place she has longed for all her earthly life.

It's hard to imagine this world without my Grandma in it. It's hard to watch my mom say goodbye to her own mom. It's hard for me to accept the fact that Caroline will never really know her like I did, or that any other children God chooses to bless us with will never be held in her arms.

It's hard to say goodbye to someone who has loved me all of my life.

But while it's difficult on so many levels, I can truly say that I'm not even a little bit sad for Grandma. She is so incredibly happy now. She's healthy and whole.

And I know I'll see her again someday. Thank you, Jesus, for that amazing promise. It is the only way I can face this life, and death.

4 comments:

AmyBethJames said...

Very sorry to hear of your family's loss but celebrating her new and eternal life with Jesus! Will be praying for comfort and a sweet time of remembrance.

kelseylynae said...

it is well with my soul

Unknown said...

Bless you all at this time and please tell your mom that she is very much in my thoughts. There are no words to describe losing your mother at any age.

Aunt Linda said...

Thank you so much, Kali, for your sweet words. I didn't mean to take so long to respond but I just couldn't before. She was a good mom and grandma, wasn't she? I don't wish her back, but I do miss her.
Love,
Aunt Linda