Monday, March 8, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

We had a fabulous weekend with my sister & her husband (Dan's brother, as we like to call him), who were able to come down from Louisville for a quick visit. The weather was GORGEOUS and we took advantage of the opportunity to get outside. Saturday morning we packed up some food (including some homemade tortilla chips Kelsey whipped up and some fresh guacamole I made...and we all ate ourselves sick) and headed out to our favorite park. The boys had lots of time to play, throwing the football and running down hills...which resulted in this:

But he's tough, so don't worry about it.
We went on a good long walk enjoying the weather,
Grilled some brats & pineapple (YUM!),And just chilled :)

Aunt Kelsey took in lots of snuggles with Caroline,

and Uncle Brent even did a bit of serenading...which Caroline LOVED.Even Mommy snuck in some snuggles in between the smitten Aunt & Uncle.

On Saturday evening, they gave Dan & I a chance to sneak away for a date (which I don't have pictures of at the moment) which was wonderful! Sunday morning we headed out to church and took in another beautiful day. Kels & I made lunch together - which took entirely too long and was a bit disappointing (my fault - it was a new recipe and sounded much easier than it was), but we still were able to share a meal together and laugh at a naked baby for awhile.


It was a wonderful weekend, all in all, and I'm so thankful once again that they made the trip down. I love having them close enough to do little weekend trips like this - what a blessing. And Caroline doesn't mind either :-) They brought this adorable little spring dress for her this time:
Caroline thought bubble: "I can't believe I'm related to these crazy people..."


"But at least they know how darn cute I am!"
More pictures to come...but I didn't want to steal all of Kelsey's thunder since she was the one who took most of them. Thanks for more beautiful pictures, Kels! And thanks again for making the trip - we love you and miss you both already.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Caroline looks stupendous in pig tails! (Thanks for keeping those little ears covered.) These pictures are great. I don't know if I can hold out for another whole month! Glad you guys had such a good time together. It does a mom's heart good to know that her kids choose to be together. Love you all!

Unknown said...

OK...Dan & Kali. I don't really like babies, but your child is pretty much the most beautiful little kid I've ever seen. I have some dorm kids who are entirely agreeing with me here. Great pictures. She's lucky to have an Aunt Kels!
<><
Cindy

Anonymous said...

this pics are wonderful!! hope to see you all very soon!!

Angilee