Monday, March 29, 2010

6 Months

Well hello there, blog. I've missed you. Sorry it's been a week. Caroline has been busy turning 6 months old over here, so I've just gotten a little caught up in all the excitement. Thanks for understanding.

That's right...I have a SIX MONTH OLD!!! And it seems as though these past few weeks have brought more change than I knew was coming as far as Caroline is concerned. She has been exploring new skills every day, and it is so much fun to watch. Yet, somewhere within her mommy is a small sadness that her newborn is no longer that. Any other more "seasoned" mommies out there that can relate? It's such a mixed bag - but a wonderful one nonetheless!

Here are a few of her current "stats" at the half-year mile mark:
-She weighed in at 16 lbs. 8 oz. at her Doctor's appointment last week, officially [more than] doubling her birth weight of 8lbs. (They didn't tell me percentages this time...)
- She is now 26 1/4 inches long - up 6 inches from birth
- Her new favorite thing is sitting up all by herself! She looks like such a big girl just sitting there playing across the room.
- She can roll from front to back, but has yet to master back to front (which could have something to do with the fact that she still doesn't like tummy time...she knows better than to get herself into that position!)
- She has been eating yummy rice cereal for a couple of weeks now, with the current addition of prune juice. It was a hit (in more ways than one...)!
-She currently goes to bed about 8pm and sleeps until 7-8am [most nights]...which makes for 2 very happy parents!
- She LOVES peek-a-boo, which nearly always gets a good giggle.
- She has a very funny, very high-pitched, very LOUD shriek which she likes to throw out on occasion, just for kicks.
- The previous new skill is why she experienced her first Sunday in the church nursery yesterday :-)
- She also has a fake cough, which usually kicks in about the same time Daddy gets home from work. Which leads me to my next stat...
- This girl is head-over-heels for her Daddy! And the feeling is certainly mutual :)
- No teeth yet, but she seems to be working on it a lot these days.
- She is still a very happy, very content baby. Something my Grandpa Schoon used to say, I think about me as a baby (is that right, Mom?), is very true for Caroline - "She just waits for someone to look at her so she can smile!"

Here are a few pictures of our beautiful six-month-old Caroline Harper:

Just waking up (and yes, we still swaddle her)
Cheese!

Flower Child


Showing off her new skill of sitting up like a big girl! (and looking quite proud of herself)

Trying to figure out the sippy cup.Hiking with Mommy & Daddy
Ready for the picnic!

"Aw, man...I think Mom is holding out on me. This has GOT to be better than that mush she keeps giving me."
A peace offering - melon instead of oreos.
"Man, I like food! Even mush mixed with prune juice...good stuff!"

3 comments:

kelseylynae said...

oh my goodness...favorite picture= the cantelope.

Can't wait to see her in a few.

And you forgot to mention that I think the fake cough is her way of "peacocking" :-)

Sharon said...

Yes it was Grandpa Schoon that said that. Oh how he would have loved Caroline (but then I never saw him with a baby he wasn't crazy over!). And, Kels, what is "peacocking"? Showing off? Not that sweet baby!

Aunt Linda said...

Sweet, sweet baby - what a little doll! Sorry I haven't sent the Dutch costume yet - I will soon, I promise! Can't wait to see you in two months!