Friday, February 12, 2010

Blog Slump

Why is it so hard to get back into "blogging mode" after even a short little hiatus? I feel like I need a larger chunk of time to catch up, so I continue to procrastinate, and therefore continue to need an even larger amount of time than I did initially. Such a dilemma.

If only I was a little better at multi-tasking, I think I'd be a better blogger. I mean, just think of the time I'd save if only I could blog in the shower! Okay, so it's a little dangerous. Or what if I could fix my hair and dinner at the same time? Hmmm...disgusting. Maybe I just need a little help with the combinations.

Anyway, I'll just let the pictures do the catching up for me. This past Thursday evening, I boarded a plane with Caroline (another blog post altogether) and headed back to Missouri to celebrate with Paige & Torri who BOTH were selected to the Courtwarming Court! They were beyond beautiful, and it was SO fun to be with them for this. We also were able to celebrate with my Dad for the exciting news he received a couple weeks ago about his court case - but somehow I think I missed those pictures. (People were there with big fancy cameras - like Kelsey - so I just leave the photography up to them in those situations. Call me lazy.) Then there was the Superbowl with Caroline's (and Daddy's) beloved Colts (we'll stop there with that conversation), time with my dear Aunt Linda (again with the pictures - sorry), time with Caroline's Great Grandma & Grandpa (ditto), and of course her Nana & Papa. She even got to meet her crazy Aunt Kandi this time (my best friend from childhood)! All in all, it was a very sweet time and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go - thanks to Dan.
Gorgeous! (not me...them.) For lots more pictures of this event, go here.
Asleep in Nana's arms.




Had to slip this in...an early Valentine's gift from Great Aunt Linda. The cuteness is almost unbearable!

A couple of Peyton fans.




Getting acquainted with Aunt Kandi - she's funny :)

5 comments:

jenny said...

What the heck is Courtwarming???? Never heard of it...

Kali said...

ahh...Courtwarming is basically the basketball version of Homecoming in Maysville. Hope that helps!

Lauri said...

I thought she was wearing antlers in her Valentine picture. Had to look twice to figure out it was the light. Made myself laugh! She is just too cute!

Mama Mote said...

I was thinking she was wearing a crown...funny abut the antlers. But she is growing up so sweetly. And don't worry too much about blog slumping. I think we all tend to do that. I know I do. I'm sort of putting a few blogs together to send out in spurts. I found some old computer files that I'm going to share. That may be cheating a little, but maybe it'll get me into a little of a consistent blog mode. Plus, I'm adding personal things in-between. But it is hard to be consistent. I'm just glad to see when your name pops up that you've written. I like keeping up with people either here or on FB. Give Dan and Caroline hugs. love you

jenny said...

Ahhhh I see! I thought it was some pagent or something... :-)