Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Puppy Dog Tails....or Sugar & Spice?

As you may have noticed, I added a fun little poll to the right side of my blog as I would love to hear what you think this little one might be! Dan & I are split - he thinks it's a boy, and I'm becoming more convinced that I'm carrying a baby girl. We've decided to find out, so there are just a couple weeks left for the guessing game! My next appointment is scheduled for May 13, so I'll have some sort of a reveal after that.

I've heard all sorts of the "old wives tales" for determining what sex your child will be. I haven't really tried any yet, but I'd love to hear some of the methods you all know of that are floating around out there. They just make me laugh!

I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow, so these pictures taken yesterday are just shy of that mark. I'm officially in my 5th month now, which is crazy to think about! The last month has absolutely flown by (and thankfully, I've felt MUCH better these past few weeks), so I'm a little concerned that this baby is going to be here much quicker than I think! Dan & I grow more excited every day as the reality of it all continues to sink in. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures Dan took last night, after which he officially declared, "You're pregnant!"



Thank you, Dan. I think you might be right :-)

8 comments:

Mama Mote said...

The old wives' tales didn't work with me. I had two different pregnancies and they were both girls. And I think you guys deserve a girl. Girls and their dads are the sweetest things to watch. But whatever you have, you will be great parents. Give Dan a hug for me. And congrats again.

jenny said...

I don't know why, but since I've had a girl myself, that's all I can picture others having! :-) So, yes, I picture you having a girl. I have a old wives tale book I'll send your way... someone sent it to me when I was preggo. Kinda fun.

Anonymous said...

I was told that if I held a baby of the same sex as my baby, my baby would start kicking. Didn't work for me though. :)
-Sarah Whigham

kelseylynae said...

Even though Beth and ELi are officially having "a little man baby", I think you are too... :) Little Man Baby Johnston.

Micah Hilton said...

what a cute cute dress!!!!! love it. Everyone else that is pregnant that I know is having a boy, so I think it is a girl too...just a guess.

AmyBethJames said...

Tummy cuuuuuuteness! I told you about how I had a dream that it was a girl. So that's my vote! And because it is time for some baby girls around here!

Kyle Bridgman said...

I am commenting from knowing Kali's family, but if I knew more about Dan's I may have changed my vote. I have seen so many times where God gives a baby to a couple in order to mature them in many ways. Kali has been surrounded by girls in her family and I just have a hunch that God is ready to throw this organized, planning type person for a loop by giving her a rowdy little boy to push her buttons. Why else would he have made sure that the baby's grandpa was an outdoorsman? I know you can handle it, Kali!

meetingbetty said...

Okay, Since I am tearing up just looking at the pictures it is a little hard for me to guess at the moment, but I will try to pull myself together and think about this.

I have to consider myself an expert as I have been right on all of the GMA babies thus far. I really feel girl on this. Now understand I haven't seen you and I am many states away so my read may be off on this one, but I am going to have to stick with my gut on this. It has been a friend to me in the past.