Monday, April 27, 2009

The Longest Holy Week Ever

So, obviously my whole idea to do "several posts" throughout Holy Week didn't exactly happen. I didn't even get an Easter post squeezed in to say "He is risen!"

Please forgive my lack of blogging as it has been one busy month. I'll skip all of the gory details and suffice it to say that work has basically consumed me ever since my last post. GMA Music Week began on Sat, April 18 (well, really I moved in on the 17th), and lasted through this past Thursday, which was the Dove Awards. Everything went well with even a few highlights along the way (I got to meet Amy Grant, who was extremely kind, down-to-earth, and humble. She even congratulated me on my pregnancy, which totally made my day. Oh, and I also visited with Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys who is also very nice and totally cool...and, he's a BSB, hello!). All in all, I'm so thankful it's over and that I survived without any major catastrophes.

Kelsey was able to come down for the Doves and then spend a couple days with me, which was so much fun. There really is nothing like having a sister, you know? I hadn't been in my home for a week with the exception of Wednesday evening when I basically dumped my suitcases in my room and passed out until I had to be at the Opry House on Thursday morning - so you can imagine what the place looked like. But when you've lived with a person for the majority of your life and have seen them through phases when their bedroom was decorated with "Got Milk?" ads and necklaces made of gum-wrappers, it's really no big deal to leave a key and tell her to just dig for whatever she needs. I'm such a great hostess.

We had a great time doing a little shopping and just hanging out. She even helped me find a maternity bathing suit for our vacation next week (more details soon), which is so not fun to shop for. But when you're sisters, you can make comments like "your thighs aren't that flabby - they're just really white" and it actually comes across as a compliment :-) Thanks for coming down, Kels! It was just what I needed after the crazy week.

This is probably the most boring post ever, but I just needed to get something up here to get the thing rolling again. I don't even have pictures to add to the mix. I'll update the belly-pic soon, and you're sure to see some growth as I'm nearly 19 weeks now. It's hard to believe that next week marks the half-way point!

3 comments:

jenny said...

Ha! Totally love the sister comment. Yes, they are allowed to be brutally honest while no one else can. :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree, there's nothing like sisters ;)
I'm glad you survived the craziness! Every time they mentioned the Dove Awards or other GMA-ness (that's totally a word) on the news/radio I thought of you. Glad things went well!
Amanda

vzadventures said...

Ok- So I'm WAY out of the loop! I had no idea you were pregnant!!! I'm am BEYOND excited for you. :) I can completely relate with shopping for maternity bathing suits and all that fun stuff. LOL! It's no fun even after 5 kids. :) You look adorable and I"m once again jealous that you got to meet all those famous Christian musicians at the Dove awards. I may have to come out and help sometime if you're still doing that job. ;) Congratulations and I'm excited to see what you look like at 19 weeks.