Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend

Sorry for that little hiatus there - I get so busy reading other people's blogs that I forget to update my own sometimes! I did want to share about the fabulous weekend I was able to share with some of my very favorite people (sorry, but I'm allowed to be biased when it comes to family). Last Thursday evening, Mom, Paige, Torri, Kelsey & Brent all descended upon our lovely new home in Nashville and we were able to spend 3+ delightful days together.

For those of you who don't know, Paige & Torri are basically like my little sisters. My Mom stayed at home with my sister & I until we went to school when she started babysitting full-time in our home. Paige started coming when she was just 6-weeks old, and two years later Torri followed suit. Now, 16 years later (are you really 16, Paige? I still can't quite believe that!), they're pretty much family and we can't really imagine what life would be like without the Blythes. Needless to say, I was THRILLED when Mom told me there was a chance that she might be able to come visit...and Paige & Torri might be able to come with her! It also just so happened that Kelsey was on her fall break (or whatever they call it), so she & Brent quickly made plans to join the fun as well. Unfortunately my Dad had to work - wish you could have joined us, Buddy! Although you might have had to sleep outside...
We packed a lot into our 3 short days together - a trip to the Opry Land Hotel, some mini-golf & bumper cars...er, I mean go-karts, lots of ball games for P&T and the guys, LOTS of food, and even a quick tour of downtown Nashville including the Wild Horse Saloon (see pic below with the horse). It was wonderful to be able to have a place for everyone to stay for a few days (even if we were cozy!) and I drank up every moment we were together.

We conquered mini-golf. Brent won...and I got second (just for the record).

Hanging out at the park (Mom was apparently cold).

All the kids.

They wore him out - and that takes some energy!

We kept everyone fed.

Elvis & ????

Wild Horse Saloon

Even though I have come to love Nashville and Dan & I both know that this is where we're meant to be for right now, times like this make me long to be closer to home & those I love. But because they are few and far between, these times are incredibly precious to me and I am learning to charish the moments together that they may carry me through the hours and days and years away. Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away - I'll see you all again very soon!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

I have never seen such a stylish poncho!

Glad you all had a great time!

kelseylynae said...

awesome. great pics. i'm stealing up. i'll put mine up soon. gotta go play a round of basketball now---yikes! thanks again for making last weekend possible!

jenny said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I'm not looking forward to Trav being deployed AT ALL... but, I'm certainly excited to see and be with my family again. :-)

Yes, I have been reading the boys emails. My husband can get a little fired up... which I like, to a point. It just makes me sad seeing so many follow Obama. I started crying TWICE after I watched that youtube video. I know it's all in the Lord's hands, but I love this country... and I don't want it in the hands of someone like Obama.