Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our Move - In Pictures

Finally, the camera & the chord have made it to the same place at the same time - and I have pictures to share! We are officially moved into our new place and stayed there for the first time Saturday night. And we love it! Of course, there is still lots to be done, but we're just taking it a little at a time and enjoying our new home and the abundance of space. Here are a few pictures from last week as we made the transition:
Please, come on in!

I decided on an apple green for our little breakfast nook. It turned out pretty bright, but I like it! (Dan was pretty proud of his work, as you can see)


Here is my wonderful new kitchen in process...it looks much better than this now! I think nearly everything has found a home in this room...which wasn't too hard with all of those cabinets, and of course...

a PANTRY!!! Okay, now you may think I'm a little over excited about a closet with some shelving, but please note the photo above. I brought ALL of this from our other place. Seriously...where did I put it all?! This continues to baffle me. I mean seriously - all of my cabinets are full, too!

Here is our lovely blue wall in the living room (with the fireplace!), as well as our new furniture. I LOVE how this color turned out - it looks even better in the daylight! Our furniture is gone now - there's a long story there involving some holes & bad packaging - but we should be getting our replacements tomorrow.


Our "master" bathroom - with a garden tub! The fact that I have to put a description before the bathroom in order to differentiate from the other 2 in the house still seems crazy to me. And I really like this garden tub, as you can see :-)


Taking a break from all of the hard work for a little treat from Sonic. We'll miss having that right across the street! But I'll definitely trade that for a Walmart AND Kroger right around the corner. Yeah!

I don't really think this one even needs a caption. Although he did want to get rid of my cowboy hat. Can we take a vote on this please?


Yes, I can sleep pretty much anywhere anytime. Even on a plastic-wrapped couch in the middle of moving chaos.

Wrapping things up at our old place. As exciting as we are about the new - it was a little sad to say goodbye to our cozy little apartment. It's been a wonderful place for us these last 2 1/2 years.


Our guest bedroom - unpacking headquarters at the moment.

I have my own washer & dryer!! We bought these from some friends of ours and were able to get them in on Saturday. If you ever want to get excited about doing laundry, just spend a couple of years doing laundry in a community laundry room, and then realize that you can do your own laundry in your own home any time you want. It's pretty amazing.


Here's a view of the living room this morning - we're getting things put together bit by bit. I'll have more updates as we progress, but for now - welcome to our new home!

8 comments:

Mama Mote said...

It looks so nice. How fun to be fixing up a new place - and having room to do it. Sounds like you made out well with this new place. Have a great time making it your place.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Kali - I'm so happy for you guys! Thanks for the picture tour!
Love,
Aunt Linda

jenny said...

Okay!! It looks ADORABLE!!!! Love the colors you chose. And what's a garden tub, for heaven's sake? I love your home... I love the fireplace - how cozy and just in time for winter!! I want to be your next door neighbor!

Amanda said...

Hi Kali!
I saw the link to your blog on Katie's and popped on over...your new place looks great! I love the blue color in the living room. I'm glad to see that things are going well for you guys in TN!
God Bless,
Amanda Allen

Anonymous said...

I definitely vote to keep the hat. What's he trying to do - take the Missouri out of you? Tell him I gave it to you!

Love you! ~Mom

AmyBethJames said...

Yaaaaaaay! It is looking good! And, PS, there is a Sonic less than five minutes away at Bell Road and Blue Hole. So, close enough! And I never take much convincing to go on a late night run there... and by run of course I mean driving. In the car.

Anonymous said...

Your place looks great! I cant wait to see it in 2 weeks!:)

Love,
Paige

Courtney said...

Wow, Kali - that place looks absolutely incredible!!! Sorry I'm just catching up now, but it's so great to see you guys are doing well and moving along. So where are you at now, anyways? I miss you!! We need to chat one of these days, you know.....