Monday, January 21, 2008

Sick again...

I've got another cold :( I really don't think I've ever had so many colds in my life as I have in the past few months now! This is at least my 3rd if not my 4th cold since the end of October, not to mention that I had my wisdom teeth taken out somewhere in the middle. I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that my husband works around sick people everyday...though he hasn't really been sick, which is puzzling. All that to say, I'm ready to feel better now! I hate colds because you don't feel quite bad enough to do nothing, but you really don't feel good enough to do anything, you know?

Okay, enough whining - I just had to get that off my chest. I was very thankful that Dan was able to come home again this weekend, and we got to spend some good time together. One thing this separation has been good for is that it has made us much more intentional with the time we do have. We've spent a lot more time sitting and talking these past couple weekends than we normally do -- and we normally talk quite a lot :) I think it's partially that we have a little more to catch up on, but mainly I think it just makes us more aware of how we spend our time together. Friday night we discovered a new Mexican restaurant that might just top our list for Mexican food! I might need to try it a couple more times though, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke :-) Then Saturday we went to a new shopping center just East of Nashville, found some STEALS at Old Navy & JC Penny's (seriously, Dan spent $17 and saved $75!! I loved shopping like that!), and then hit Logan's, Dan's favorite steak house, where we were somehow able to stuff ourselves with a free appetizer and a split meal that cost just under $10...I love eating cheap! Then yesterday I woke up feeling even more under the weather and Dan graciously cared for me all day. He was especially bummed that we had to miss Community Group and the only thing that happened to be on was the Packers/Giants game -- poor guy. Though I must admit, that was a heart-breaker of a game for Favre.

Okay, I better go put myself to bed now. Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up mucous-free!

4 comments:

jenny said...

Oh Kali, I'm sorry you're sick again. I know what you mean, though! After I found out I'm pregnant, I got the flu, and then a week later I got a cold, and now on Thursday, I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled - on top of feeling morning/all-day sickness! I want to feel healthy!! Hope you feel better soon, dearie.

kelseylynae said...

at least you don't live with a wisconson-ite who is in mourning :)

hope you get to feeling better.

kelseylynae said...

oh and thanks for the info in your email... :)

Jason and Anna said...

Hi Kali! Yes, I definitely remember you! Thanks for the comment on the blog! :-) Yeah, things are nuts-o...oh well. The Lord likes to work in whirl-winds I think sometimes. That's great about you and Dan going abroad! I would imagine that he will be using his doctoring skills...:-) Anyways, hope all is well with you too and YAY! I have a new blog to read!!...yours! :-)