Sunday, January 27, 2008

One More Week...

and Dan will be home to stay! We've just about made it through this rotation away, and I am so grateful. Not that it's been terrible, but I am certainly ready for my husband to come and live with me again. I mean, isn't that kind of the point? It's definitely given me new respect for military wives (Jenny & Liv!) and others who have to face seperation under much different circumstances. And I'm learning that God truly does give us exactly what we need to get through each day -- sometimes it's only enough for that day, but it is ALWAYS enough.

Dan & I were able to go on a retreat this weekend for Community Group Leaders (essentially our church small groups). We're excited and a little nervous to be stepping into the leadership role in our own community group in just a couple of weeks. We've been in our CG for about a year and a half now and have truly come to love the people. In a sense they have become like our family here in Nashville where very few of us have family close by, and it's been a neat process to see the Lord knit our hearts together like he has. Our leaders our stepping down to go start another group and have asked us to step up -- so here we go! In lots of ways it is comforting that we already know the people we will be "leading", but in other ways it's a bit intimidating to step up and lead our friends (when we're the youngest!). Mostly we're just excited, though, and very grateful for the opportunity the Lord is giving us to use our gifts and stretch and grow us in new ways. Tonight we were able to lead together for the first time, and though Dan had to leave immediately following, we parted ways with a great deal of excitement and thanksgiving as we felt the Lord's presence so accutely tonight as we took our first little feeble step of faith. We're willing, and I'm so very excited to see what the Lord is going to do with that in our own lives and in the life of our group. Oh that we would learn to be willing and ready at all times to answer his call - "Speak to me Lord, for your servant is here listening!"

That's all for tonight - thanks again for praying for Dan & I as we've been apart this month. They have been felt. Oh, and one random request...if anyone has any suggestions for some healthy meals for 1 person, I would love it! My goal is to stear clear of the cereal and Ramen at least for this last week :) Thanks!

2 comments:

Jason and Anna said...

Well...although it's not exactly healthy, some stuff that I made for myself when I lived alone was...
-homemade mini pizzas...yummy!
-chicken cesar salad
-(one of my fav's)a chicken breast sauteed in a pan (with olive oil and some random spices) with some steamed broccoli (or your veggie of choice). It takes like 15 min's to make. So good too...I think that this is healthy too!

vzadventures said...

HI! :) I remember VERY well those times of being home all alone while your husband is doing a rotation or on call or whatever. It's not easy...but I think you will be an even stronger woman because of it. ;) That's what I always told myself anyways. LOL! It's smart to just take it one week at a time and try to do things that you enjoy doing on your own. I watched a lot of movies that I loved, but Kris didn't as much and went to the bookstore a lot to pass the time. Sometimes I watched movies Kris and I liked together though, cuz it made me think of him. ;) Hang in there and you can always email me or call if you need someone who kind of understands.

I've loved reading your blog. I'm glad you posted a comment cuz now I have yours bookmarked. Yay!

Have a good day and I hope you find something yummy to eat. (I'm a cereal and frozen pizza girl when I'm on my own. :) )