Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We did it!!!

 We bought a house!!!

We just closed today, and everything went as smoothly as it possibly could.  Dan and I were a bundle of nerves driving over to the attorney's office, but we signed our lives away and left with a set of keys!  Dan's Mom was gracious enough to come spend the afternoon with Caroline, and once we finished with the paperwork, we picked up some delicious pizza & headed to our new castle. 
 (This picture cracks me up, so I just had to include it.)
 Dan insisted on carrying me over the threshold - 5 months pregnant & all.  What a man :-)  **Side note:  I had a dream the other night in which I went to my regular OB check-up and stepped on the scales only to find I weighed 900 pounds!!!  I guess I've been a little paranoid about all the extra sweets I've been consuming lately.  All that to say, I was relieved to know that Dan could still pick me up without throwing his back out  :-)
Party in the new kitchen!  We were so thankful to have Grandma with us to celebrate tonight.  (and to babysit...and to clean tomorrow...)

You may not hear from me much these next few days as we get moved, but I promise to update as soon as I can.  If you think of it, feel free to pray for us these next few days...we have a lot to do to get from here to there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Don't worry you will get it all done. After tomorrow 2 more whirlwinds will blow in and then all you will have to do is sit back, relax and watch - transformation! God bless you all and your new home!

Kelly K

Momiss said...

Congrats! So happy for you!!

Aunt Mary said...

Are you ready for the "Schoon girls"?