Monday, April 11, 2011

Celebrations

Geesh...I just can't seem to keep up with this thing these days. I suppose keeping up with Caroline has something to do with that. Anyway, I have some real posts rolling around in my head, but while I wait to get those from head to keyboard, I'll just share another cute video. With a few notes, of course:

1) She fell again last week and sustained a pretty good "boo boo" on the old nose. She's been telling everyone who will listen about it, with lots of emotion, too. This video was a taken a few days ago, and it's looking MUCH better today. It's amazing how fast they heal!

2) She's sort of a finicky eater, much to her Mama's shagrin. I swore I would never had a picky eater...which I'm learning is the quickest way to get whatever it is that you "swear" you'll never have in a child. Anyway, we resort to anything we can think of to get her to eat new things, especially veggies (hence the celebrating, etc.). By some weird fluke the other night, she was eating ASPARAGUS! Dan threw some on her plate, and when she started eating them, he looked at me and said "Don't say anything to her! She might figure out that she's not supposed to like that!"

3) I realize she's almost always in her high chair in these videos I post. I'll try and branch out...but have you ever tried to chase an 18-mo-old around with a video camera? It's interesting, to say the least.

Okay, I'll shut up and let you watch. Here she is:

5 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

That is so precious! I wish we lived closer and I could get to know her better. Maybe we can Skype.

jenny said...

"We take back our claps." Nice Dan. :-)

... and, is that HAIR I see?? She's getting some in! :-)

Anonymous said...

Meal time at the Johnston's, always a good time.

PaPa

Sharon said...

I wonder how long she would keep her eyes covered! Probably as long as she could keep us silly people playing the game. Oh, and lovely manicure!

Anonymous said...

This totally made my day! :) SOOOOOO cute...almost makes me want to have one someday....almost! :) Love you all! - Kandi