Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bubbles!

We have found a new and exciting activity at our house:  BUBBLES!  Now that the weather is turning warmer, I'm trying to find things to do outside for Caroline while I finish dinner, wash dishes, etc.  This is how she feels about that:
 She certainly hasn't mastered the art yet, but it is not for lack of trying.  This girl is determined.  And not just about bubbles.
 I love to watch that look of concentration take over as she focuses on a "project."  Sometimes it's taking care of her baby doll, sometimes it's trying to maneuver something out of a tight spot, sometimes it's trying to maneuver herself out of a tight spot.
 She occasionally gets frustrated and wants help, but most of the time, I get the impression that Mama just needs to stay out of the way.
 And she usually figures it out eventually.  Not every time...but these small successes seem to keep her motivated.

Daddy was trying to help her today, and after having had control of the bubble jar yesterday, she was not so sure about him holding it for her.  But they figured something out. 

 She held the wand while Daddy tried really hard to convince her not to put it actually on her mouth.  I just sat back and took pictures.  I figure the child has eaten worse things.

It's so fun to watch her discover the world around her.  It makes me very excited to think about her little sister tagging along behind.

P.S.  I realize the poor girl needs a new hat, but I just haven't gotten out to look for one yet.  I suppose I was hoping that either A) the 12-24 mo hat she has would still fit or B) she would have more hair by now.  But alas, our sweet girl still looks a little like Charlie Brown these days.  I'm hoping there's enough for a bow by the time she goes to Kindergarten.

5 comments:

Momiss said...

"I just sat back and took pictures. I figure the child has eaten worse things".
Bwaaahahahahahahaha.. Loved this part the best. She is a doll!!

Katie Ashley said...

Sidewalk chalk.

Also, I've been thinking about teaching Piper to make recipe stew. Has Caroline had the chance yet?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Love, Aunt Linda

kelseylynae said...

Oh please! These girls MUST make recipe soup!!! Bring them to my back yard please because there are some excellent ingredients here, I hear ;)

Unknown said...

Well, you see my youngest sister karla learned to walk basically eating bubbles. She was holding the wand and wanted to keep dipping it into the jar I was holding so it wouldn't get spilled. She would take a step forward to dip it again and I would keep taking another step back. I guess my mom thought the same as you about the bubble eatting! Lol