Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sleepyhead

Caroline just fell asleep in my arms.

Now I realize that may not seem like that craziest thing you've ever heard, but I'm still laughing about it. This NEVER.EVER happens. NEVER. Even when we rock at night, even when we occassionally have to get up with her in the night and rock some more, even when she's exhausted at the end of the day and we snuggle up on the couch to read books...even under the circumstances where a child would typically fall asleep in her mother's arms, it never happens for us.

But just now, I let Caroline have part of a cookie from Grandma to try and perk her up a little and buy a little more time before lunch (I know, I know...I was spoiling her lunch. It was just a special treat on a snowy day. And I wanted one). And as soon as the cookie was gone, she continued sitting on my lap, looking at pictures on the computer like she loves to do whilst listening to Wee Sing Bible Songs...and the poor little thing just couldn't keep her eyes open for one more second. Bless her heart. I guess nap time starts a little early today!
I can't really say that I blame her. It's the perfect day for an early/extra/extra long nap. I woke up to more snow this morning and a fire already glowing from my fire place. Caroline has enjoyed blowing on the fire periodically (to keep it stoked, of course), and warming up her hands (I know this picture is blurry...it's the best I could get of our always-moving toddler).





We stayed in jammies for awhile, then put on comfy sweats to keep us snuggly and warm all day. I love days like this.













So anyway, here I sit with cookie crumbs surrounding my feet and "Father Abraham" still singing from my stereo. I should probably get up and do something with this time. I hope you all find something to make you smile today, wherever you are.

Also, Grandma Johnston...what exactly did you put in those cookies?? I think I need the recipe :)

**(Side note: For some reason, I can't seem to upload any pictures at all right now. Is anyone else having trouble with blogger? Not sure what's going on. I'll post new pictures as soon as I have this resolved - I know it's been awhile.)

***New side note:  I figured something out, but this is going to take awhile to get used to - yikes!

5 comments:

kelseylynae said...

Here is what is making me smile right now:

I am having my students write down constructive responses telling me if i should teach To Kill a Mockingbird again. Every single one [except one...there is always that one] has said, in their own way, "TOTALLY!" They loved it. And that makes me smile.

And thinking of Caroline falling asleep to "Oh be careful little hands..." too

Anonymous said...

I will keep checking for pictures but I have a ptretty good one in my head right now of you and a sleeping baby.

Anonymous said...

That was me. Forgot to sign Papa

Anonymous said...

In that last picture I think she totally looks like her grandpa AJ!

Momiss said...

Whoops That was Melinda.