Thursday, April 1, 2010

Toes & Capris

Welcome, April! You are welcome to stick around these parts for as long as you'd like. Thank you for the promise of 81 degrees sometime today; my pale & pasty body has been without you for far too long.

Caroline decided it was time to break out the spring/summer wardrobe considering the gorgeous weather, and Mom agreed. So out came the capris and short sleeves, and I have been overcome by the scrumptiosly squishy legs & arm rolls ever since. Although, her Papa mentioned that he wasn't so sure she had the figure for capris...I'll let you be the judge.


Yesterday we enjoyed lunch outside with my sweet friend, Angilee.
Then for supper, Daddy did some grilling while Caroline kept a close eye on him. She's careful to not let him out of her sight once he arrives home from work!
And yesterday we experienced another first...Caroline's first pedicure! I know, I know, it's a little ridiculous. But after my friend Katie sent me a picture of Piper's (just 6 days younger than Caroline) sweet little painted tootsies, I just had to give it a try! And here are the end results:

The cuteness is really almost too much. Even Daddy agrees!

We arose early this morning (which is becoming a new trend...) and took in the beautiful start to the day. And while Mommy doesn't always like the early hours, they really are Caroline's best time of day, which makes it all worth it. Especially on a warm, sunshine-y day like today!



She wanted to get a little sun before her morning nap, so she sat in one of Great-Grandpa AJ's rocking chairs out on the front porch to get a few rays*. It was a little brighter than we expected, though. We might have to find some sunglasses before the next sunning session.






We hope you're enjoying a beautiful spring morning wherever you're at on this first day of April! Now if you'll excuse me, my baby just went down for a nap and I'm going to have some coffee on my porch. Bliss!

*Note: The child's father worked in dermatology long enough that I'm not remotely serious about "sunning" our 6-month-old. We have a closet full of baby sunscreen, and a sun hat that I'm sure will make an appearance on the blog soon. The poor thing doesn't stand a chance of getting a tan before her 15th birthday, I'm afraid.

5 comments:

DPJ said...

We have a beautiful baby if I can say so! Love you Kali and Caroline. Love seeing you from work!

Sharon said...

She looks pretty schooney in some of these pictures! Love the toes. Did you accomplish that when she was awake or asleep?

John and Sarah Clore said...

Hey, a little sun time with no sunscreen is totally ok. That's how we get Vitamin D. But with these Casper babies, a little sun goes a long way! Harv is constantly slathered in 60+ :)
So I watched your latest Caroline video the other day while Harvey was eating snack, and he watched it with me. He was grinning ear to ear, waving, clapping, and screeching at her! Pulling out all the stops to impress Miss Caroline. We probably watched it 4 (or more!) times, and everytime he was so excited to see her! We should get together for a playdate sometime. I'm sure these two would be such fun little buddies!

Anonymous said...

I see Grandpa A.J. in that last photo
Something about those eyes

Kelly K

Anonymous said...

I see Grandpa A.J. in that last photo
Something about those eyes

Kelly K