Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week #2

Not much time, but my Mom was asking for some new pictures so I better not keep Nana waiting :) Here are a few from Caroline's 2nd week of life.


Sleeping beauty


Loving the swing (Mom too!)

The Johnston's came to visit! Dan & Katee making chocolate chip cookies.

Baby Love

Only 2 weeks and she's already taking over! I propped her up on our bed and we thought she was just pretty darn cute there.

Can you imagine having a bed this big?

Trying out the tummy-time mat. She's been trying to hold her head up since we were still at the hospital, so I thought we'd give this a try. A couple of minutes worth & she was done, but she seemed to do pretty well!

This was this morning - hanging out with Mom for a bit.

Hey - I think I know you...
Caroline is becoming more alert & attentive every day which is so much fun to see. She's also sleeping well at night, which Mommy & Daddy are both very grateful for (and fully realize that is has nothing to do with anything we're doing!). She had a great report at her 2-week check-up yesterday and seems to be growing QUITE well. She's already up to 8lbs. 9.5oz! The Doctor even commented that she's one of the "best eaters" in her practice. Sounds like we might have a chubby baby on our hands before too long! She's had a few bouts of fuzziness, but when I can honestly only say a "few" at 2 weeks, I think we're doing pretty well! Praise the Lord for a happy and content baby.
Dan's family leaves tomorrow so I should have a bit more time to blog then. I still would like to write about her birth from my perspective (really for my own benefit - just to remember) and get better about blogging some of the day-to-day "notables" for those who are interested (possibly just my Mom, but we'd like to keep Nana happy).
I suppose this has officially become a "mommy blog" huh? Well, I guess I'll embrace it for what it is. I still do love Oreos (and have even received several packages alongside baby gifts - AWESOME!), and I still intend to write about other things from time to time. I hope you'll hang with me - I rather enjoy knowing that a few people read this occassionally. Thanks again for all your encouragement!

6 comments:

kelseylynae said...

Oh my gosh, my squeeze is growing so quickly! Looks like another photo shoot is in order...

What about in two weeks? Halloween?

FYI because I haven't gotten you called, I got a flier from VISTA PRINT and right now you can get magnets or postcards (up to 100) free. Remind me and I'll tell you the details later.

Love you. And give Caroline my love. And tell Dan that his brother and Chels say hello.

Katie said...

Whoa, baby! I seriously think that the Chub Club has infiltrated the ranks of the Nerd Herd.

P.S.- Got your voicemail. Busy studying for a test on Monday. I'll get you called back as soon as I can. You know how much time these little ones take up!

Mama Mote said...

Absolutely adorable! Yeah, she looks so tiny in your big bed. What a sweet face. You're going to do just fine, you two. I had a chubby toddler...she grew out of it very nicely. Have fun with Caroline.

Anonymous said...

I guess this will have to do for now. Not quite the same as kissing her sweet head! By the way, has she had bouts of fussy-ness or fuzzy-ness? You might want to get that checked out! ~Mom

Whitney said...

Ha, I was confused by the fuzziness too...then I figured it out. I hope you are both well rested enough to be soaking up every moment of Caroline's sweet life...

We miss you guys!
-Whitney & Chuck

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful...so glad that you are back to blogging! Looking forward to what the birthing process was like and other interesting facts! Love and miss ya.

Kandi