Monday, October 5, 2009

The last few days

Just wanted to get up a few more pictures. I think we took more with Mom's camera over the last few days, so my photos are a bit scarce...but I think you've all had quite a large dose of our sweet Caroline over the last week :) If not, check out my sister's blog from Caroline's latest photo shoot on Saturday. We're pictures crazy around here to say the least!

Daddy has already taken his girl on several walks - some of his favorite moments so far he told me. We've had gorgeous weather, and Caroline seems to enjoy it as well (she sleeps most of the time). One day mommy even got to join in on the fun for a very short walk around the neighborhood.




Nana Sharon was able to stay with us through yesterday evening and was an absolute blessing to us all. She cooked & cleaned & did my laundry & even stayed up with Caroline a couple of nights so Mom & Dad could sleep. I feel like I am well on my way to recovery, largely in part because of everything Mom did so I didn't have to. In fact, she was bossy enough to make me take naps and baths as often as possible and to keep my feet up whenever I could. I'm not sure who was more spoiled while she was here - me or Caroline. Actually, I take that back. I know it was me.


(I have no idea what I'm doing in this pic, but it was the only one I have of Mom & I - how did we let that happen?)
It was very difficult & emotional for me to have to tell my Mom good-bye last night. I hate living so far away from family. But she's already booked a flight for early November, so we'll see her again soon. We love you and miss you Nana & can't wait for your next visit!

When Dan got back from the airport, we decided we needed something to distract us (me) from my mom's absence, so Caroline got to experience her first trip to Sonic. She LOVED the M&M blast - can't you tell?
Today is my first day home by myself, although Dan will be here shortly as he was able to take another half day today and tomorrow. So far Caroline & I are both bathed, dressed & fed, so I think we're off to a good start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kal! Caroline is so precious! I can't wait to meet her one day! I was just looking at the pics on your blog and I showed Ash the pics of her and your mom and said that I hope to be half as beautiful as your mom when I'm a grandma!
Good job Shaggon! :)
Love you guys!
Megan

MommyH said...

Hey Kali :) Congratulations on Caroline's birth. She is beautiful. Your post really resonated with me...I was so emotional when my mom and Nate's mom left after Faith was born. It's hard to have family far away, but amazing how quickly your little family becomes even stronger. Hope you all have a good day today as you get into your routine :)
Blessings!
Leah