Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Milestones

This last week has brought about several milestones for Miss Caroline and her Mama. It's also proved harder to find blogging time...

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of those milestones with you all since I have a minute. Last Thursday night she and I had our first outing as just the two of us. I had a women's gathering at church (only for about 15 of us - so not a lot of people which was good) so decided it would be a good trial run for us. She did GREAT! Mom was a bit nervous, but it really went petty smoothly. Here's a picture before we headed out. Also, not documented in the picture but another milestone that evening...my first REAL pants with a real zipper & button! Yay!

Friday night Dan decided it was time we all got out for a bit, and he'd been salivating over the Red Lobster commercials advertising their annual all-you-can-eat shrimp dinner. So we got ourselves all ready and headed out (in real jeans this time!). Caroline did wonderfully, sleeping while we ate, then contentedly looking around for awhile while we enjoyed the time. It was so nice to go out together as the three of us :)


Sunday we had some nice (albeit a bit cool) fall weather and decided to try a short "hike". So we bundled her up and Dan strapped on the Baby Bjorn and we headed for Radnor Lake. It was beautiful! She seemed to enjoy being all snuggled up next to nice warm Daddy, and Mommy was pleasantly surprised to be able to walk the trails pretty easily (with only a little huffing and puffing up the hills!). We had walked the same trail about a week before I delivered and this time around was MUCH more enjoyable!


I also was able to get my rings back on. I'm really starting to feel back to (semi) normal and am rather enjoying not being pregnant!

This last picture was from a mini photo shoot we did yesterday, so I'll try and get those pictures posted soon as well.

4 comments:

jenny said...

You serious!?!? Already back in regular jeans?? I was in maternity for at least 4 months. Man... you lucky duck. You three are darling...

Carrie Mathison said...

She has filled out so much already! I can already see her growing up in the pictures. It happens so fast!

Mama Mote said...

So glad you are getting out and about and figuring it out. Enjoy these times making memories. Hope you do take lots of pics. love and hugs

Whitney said...

You guys are just as precious as I had imagined you would be...such a cute family, and I can tell by your faces that you are such happy parents! I'm glad that you are able to get out and do some things as a family, and, Kali, it's good to hear that you are feeling more like your non-pregnant self. :-)

Thinking of you guys often!
-Whitney & Chuck