Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Love Tennessee

I'm still wrestling with my thoughts today, but thought I'd throw up a post that was a little on the lighter side today. I just walked to the mailbox a little while ago and was struck once again by how much I love Tennessee. It is absolutely GORGEOUS here this time of year, and the best part is, it will probably stay this way (or at least above freezing) for quite some time.
Did I mention I walked to the mailbox...in jeans & a t-shirt? Without a jacket? Or a parka?

I'm not sure, but my guess is that it's not quite this warm back in Iowa. Or even Missouri for that matter. And while I love my midwest home and will brag about my sturdy roots to anyone who asks, I'll be honest...I don't miss the 5 months of hibernation.

Here's a bit of a visual for comparison:
Iowa


Tennessee

Okay, fine...so the Iowa picture probably isn't from November. But it could have been! I'm just saying - it's really nice here. And I like nice weather.

Hope the weather is nice wherever you are today!

3 comments:

kelseylynae said...

so funny... i was just going to put up a post about the weather here as well...i still might, but since you did, I don't want everyone to think we're braggin! sheesh!

Anonymous said...

OK, you two! Yes, we did wake up to a light dusting of snow on the grass but ....! Yesterday morning, western SD (Rapid City area) was reporting 30 INCHES OF SNOW AND 70 MPH WINDS!! At that point I was thankful to live in Iowa! Enjoy your nice weather, but I'd like to think that cold weather of your youth toughened you up!
Love,
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I think you like it partly because I made you sing the theme song from Davy Crokett so much when you were little. Born on a Mounatin top in Tennesse..........