Monday, September 29, 2008

A Trip to Louisville & Our Last Supper


This will be brief, but I've already passed a week since my last post...how does that happen?! Anyway, Dan & I were able to make a quick trip to Louisville this weekend to spend some time with Kelsey & Brent, and to see Dan's sister Mandee play softball. It was short and sweet - but very worth the time. It's always good to be with family! Here are a few pics from the weekend:
And tonight we shared our "last supper" together in our little Trevecca apartment. I decided to make one of my favorite meals - Fetticine Carbonara. I don't think I had ever made it for Dan before...probably because the fat content is, well, let's just say a little "excessive"...but we enjoyed it :-)




Even more exciting that our last supper...our last round of dishes! Now I know you're probably thinking, "Um, Kali...you're still going to have to do dishes in a new place." And you're only partially right. I'll have to "do" dishes...but really, I'll only have to load them and then take them out of my new dishwasher! Dan probably has more right to be excited about this than me...he's really been my dishwasher for the last two and a half years!



After packingup the kitchen, Dan decided we needed to have one last round of cookies here, so he made some yummy no-bake cookies!

And now I'm off to tape up a couple more boxes and get a little sleep. We get the keys to our new place tomorrow evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Kali. I've been thinking about you guys lately and sure wish I could help! I'm sure all will go well!!
Love,
Aunt Linda

jenny said...

Yay! Very excited for you guys to move! Well... I'm excited for it to be over for you... moving is awful. Love you both!