Friday, May 16, 2008

Going Backwards

I think I'm going to work my way backwards a little, so I'll start by updating you all on what I'm doing now. Dan & I returned from our wonderful, restful, sunny vacation to Pensacola, FL on Sunday evening and headed back to work bright & early Monday morning. Dan started his new rotation (just 1 more to go after this one!) at a Dermatoligist's office here in Nashville and is learning all sorts of crazy things about weird skin (I'm sure that's the technical way of explaining if). He's already started picking at the very few (!) blemishes I have and reminding me daily of the dangers of skin cancer...thanks babe. Good thing I got my sun in BEFORE this rotation started!

As for me, work is back to a normal pace for a little while, though we are quickly gearing up for our next big event in August - Music in the Rockies. Besides work, I have spent a couple nights this week helping out my friend Megan (whom we vacationed with) while her husband is away in Sneedville (remember that place?) on his rotation. Megan is about 7 1/2 months pregnant, so I'm helping her around the house & getting lots of good time in with sweet little Abby:


Pretty cute, huh?

So I've been there more time than I've been at home this week which has been good, but a little exhausting. I'll be helping Megan out as much as I can over these next 5 weeks, so you'll probably be hearing more about that!

In other news, I won a drawing for a free massage and free consultation with a local chiropractor - crazy, huh? I was really more excited about the free massage at first (which I had last night and went home drooling), but I'm actually thinking this chiropractor thing might actually be an answer to prayer. I get (very) frequent headaches & have for some time now but really had just settled in to dealing with it as I have not been able to find many answers from my doctor(s). I had kind of forgotten that it's not really normal to spend so much time in pain, and I was encouraged to hear the chiropractor (Dr. J) remind me of that. I go back Wednesday to get my X-rays & hear his plan to fix me, so I'll keep you updated on that. A little boring for most of you, but REALLY exciting for me to know there is potential for more headache-free days in my future!

That's all for now...I'll be back soon with more updates on my month + of blogging absence :)

2 comments:

jenny said...

Yay... I'm glad you're back! We've missed you. I'm a little jealous of your winning!

kelseylynae said...

keep dan away from my skin when you're here for the wedding---i've got all kind of funk going on!

great talking to you yesterday. love ya!