Monday, February 11, 2008

It's 4:51...

...and I'm quite sure that 5:30 is NEVER going to get here today. It's just one of those afternoons that drags on and on, seemingly without end. Not that I'm complaining about being bored at work...okay, maybe I am. It's just been rather slow around here lately, and I being the effecient person that I am have managed to complete all possible tasks for the time being. So here I sit, twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the clock to strike 5:30 so that I may carry on with my life. As for now, time is at a standstill I'm quite sure.

Honestly, I really do appreciate the slow times here at GMA as the crazy-busy season is quickly approaching. From about mid-March through mid-August, it will be pretty non-stop around here as we prepare for GMA Music Week, BreakThrough '08 (a simulcast event), and GMA Music in the Rockies. Then you will probably read blogs (if I even have time to blog) about how the clock hands must be on crack because I can't possibly imagine how a whole day has passed and my to-do list has only grown.

But for now, I'll try to enjoy the peaceful afternoons when I have some spare time to check my blog and search for new recipes (a weird way to pass the time maybe, but Dan enjoys it!).

Speaking of recipes, I tried a new one this morning - Curried Chicken. Dan loves to try all sorts of different ethnic dishes and frequently suggests that I try fixing some random cuisine I generally can't pronounce, so I thought this one was worth a shot. It took me all of about 10 minutes to throw together in the crockpot, so we'll see how it turns out!

Okay, it's 5:01 now...thanks for helping me pass a few minutes. What do you do at work to pass the time? (Not that you'd ever be bored at work...but theoretically, if you were...)

6 comments:

Jason and Anna said...

Well Kali...I am the queen at finding things to do when I am bored at work...for 70% of my work day involves me having nothing to do. (except today! it was wonderful to be busy!) So, my friend told me about this site called freerice.com. It's a site that helps your vocab skills and for every word you get right they donate a certain amount of grains of rice to the hungry! It's a great cause AND it helps out your vocab. Those are both good things. My PR on the site is level 38. :-)

jenny said...

Oh Anna just cracks me up! I'm going to have to check that site out. I usually play spider solitaire at home when I'm bored. Such a waste of time, but I do it anyways... and I've always loved text twist at Yahoo games. :-) Miss you guys!

kelseylynae said...

strangely enough I haven't had this phenomenon yet: I worked at a daycare, and now I'm student teaching...let's be honest. However when they are writing/testing/studying [rarely] I pray for them. This helps me stay sane in trying to love them and see them as His creation, and hopefully it is good for them too...maybe someday it will get them to put down the pot. If only I were joking! yikes! If you can't think of someone to pray for- YOU could pray for my students too...or you could pray for me because, well you see I have this gig coming up in June, and apparently getting married is a big deal :) sometime, in a less public space, I'll tell you some of the conversations that I've had with my teacher I work with in our "down time" -- quite interesting, you'll laugh. [actually, that's really what I do now that I think of it... i just talk to her. it will be weird when I have my own classroom with no other adults, bummer]

Liv said...

at my job (wife/mother, though I dont find that the job, the job is house keeping) I organize all the little spaces I usually skip over that are driving me crazy such as the spatula drawer, my underware bins, Aria's clothes baskets... oh yes and I sleep.

Anonymous said...

By the way, how was the Curried Chicken. (You know me, always thinking about food!)

Mom

Anonymous said...

Curried Chicken was excellent!! I loved it (but I usu love everything).