Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sundays

I love Sundays. I get to kick off my day with worship and some time with the kiddos at church, then I get to spend the rest of the day RESTING (usually). Today I came home and fixed some Dilly Chicken Sandwhiches (one of my favorites) which we enjoyed with some friends. Dan & I usually take in a good amount of football on Sundays, and today was certainly no exception. Well, actually it was a sort of exception as today the Tennessee Titans played (my beloved) Kansas City Chiefs which meant one thing to me - I got to see them play for the first time all year! It was a momentous occassion, which is why our friends were joining us today as Hannah is also from Missouri and probably the only other Chiefs fan I have found since moving to Titan country. It was a glorious 3 hours as my tv screen was filled with red and gold - a delightful taste of home I've been missing for quite sometime now. The end result was rather disappointing, but hey - one can only ask for so much in a day.

(A couple pics from a KC game a couple years ago - my Christmas gift from my wonderful fiance at the time!)

Anyway, after the game I treated myself to a nap, which was delightful. And just before I started typing this, I painted my fingernails...I figured why not keep this pampering thing going! All that to say, it's been a wonderful Sunday and now here I sit enjoying Christmas music, my pretty Christmas lights, and anticipating my trip HOME to Missouri later this week. Ahh, I can just about smell the wood stove and cinnamon rolls from here (hint, hint Mom!). There really is nothing quite like family at Christmas time, and I am so very grateful that I will soon be with mine.

1 comment:

Liv said...

What a lovely day Kali, I love sundays too, and a nap is always such a treat, I hope you have a great time in missouri!