Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thankful





There's nothing quite like sisters. I'm so thankful for the holiday (long) weekend that I was able to spend with my sister Kelsey. She flew in on Thanksgiving morning with plenty of time to get back to our little apartment and prepare our feast...okay, so I started a few days early, but everything was hot when the 3 of us sat down! We didn't think to take a picture of us all actually sitting together, but here's some of the f ood, anyway :-)








(my first apple pie)

My dear husband doesn't quite understand the art of doing "nothing" (it really is something...), so I was grateful to have another Carroll around to partake in this delightful holiday tradition with me. Seriously, we can sit at the table for hours...of course we can keep munching, but it doesn't even have to involve food. Then we proceed to the couch, where we may continue a good conversation, or we may just doze off for awhile. Either is perfectly acceptable. Even cleaning up is more enjoyable with a sister around - I must say that her "helpfulness" has improve over the last couple of years. Kudos to Kels.




We also found time to do a little site-seeing here in Nashville. Though Kelsey & I have fond memories of a VERY brief visit to the Opry Land Hotel while on a family vacation (it was cut short by a more important Nashville destination...the Nashville Historical Museum), we decided to check it out again. It is currently all decked out for Christmas, and it really is beautiful. We had a great time just roaming through the various gardens and taking a few pictures here and there.








Dan was a great sport all weekend, playing chauffere on occassion, listening to our non-stop chatter, and getting a pretty good dose of the Carroll girls. He even dropped us off for probably one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen - Enchanted. I mean really, folks. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you head to the theater right away. It's pretty much everything that's wrong with the minds of girls who have grown up on the Disney Princess movies...and it's fabulous.





Well, this post is getting a little lengthy, and I still need to run to Wal-mart tonight, so I'm going to wrap it up. It truly was a wonderful weekend with 2 people that I love dearly. Kels, thanks for making the trip down here - it meant so much to me. And Dan - you are a patient man and I love you! You may need to give Brent a little pep-talk before the big wedding!




Ciao!

2 comments:

kelseylynae said...

Kali...
so great. I miss you already and looking at the pics makes me miss you more. great post, great times...thanks again and again. can't wait to see you at christmas!

jenny said...

Beautiful pictures! And that one of you and Dan is SO cute! It should be your Christmas picture this year! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with your sister... I did with mine as well. They are truly a blessing!