Monday, April 2, 2012

a-hiking we will go

Dan and I love to be outside.  Okay, Dan loves to be outside and I love it when it's between about 50-80 degrees.  I tolerate it at other times.  But last weekend fell very nicely within that range, so we packed up and headed out for a morning hike at a nearby state park.  It was actually chilly enough for jackets (for most of us), which has been a rarity around here lately!  Anyway, we had a fabulous time. 

Caroline has been drug along on enough "adventures" with Daddy in her short little life that she is really starting to get into this stuff.  For example, being the potty-trained girl that she is, Daddy ran into a bit of a problem awhile back while hiking.  But our little nature-girl prevailed and mastered the art of "going in the woods."  Fast forward a few days, I'm in the front yard one morning with both girls and a new friend helping us with our computer (whom we don't know well at all).  I hear Caroline tell me she needs to go potty, so I try to wrap up my conversation with computer man when he suddenly bolts for his car mumbling something along of the lines of "oh-i-better-go-and-let-you-take-care-of-that."  I turn around to find my lovely little redneck princess with her panties down around her ankles, talking proudly about how "Daddy taught me to potty in the grass!"  I'm pretty sure our ranking of classiness went way up that day.


At least no one will accuse us of  being city people!  Here are a few pictures of our most recent hike (don't worry, there's nothing indecent!):
Two peas in a pod

This picture took a little work to get by ourselves!

Ellie is following in her sister's footsteps...she's a pretty happy camper outdoors, too

Stranded!

Sisters
Ellie's first swing - very successful!


We coudn't convince our little ballerina that tutu's aren't the best hiking apparell.

4 comments:

jenny said...

So cute! Love the story of CJ. :) Wish we were neighbors and we could go hiking together... I think our girls would be BFF's...

Sharon said...

Love the tutu. So funny. Don't so much love her by herself out on a rock surrounded by water (Dan!).

kelseylynae said...

Oh the tutu kills me. Someday I'll be able to go outside again, right? ;)

Kyle said...

Red Neck's and TuTu's. You don't see that everyday. Looks Like the water had been pretty high where you took the family picture.

PaPa