Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thank you for your patience...

 We're alive and well!!!  Just a little busier than usual around here these days :)  And actually we've been having some internet issues that have made blogging rather tedious lately, so hopefully we'll get those problems resolved soon. 

I'm not even sure where to begin catching up on the last 3 weeks, except to say that they have been exceptionally full of a lot of wonderful things.  Ellie is such a joy, and watching Caroline fall in love with her sister has been one of my favorite parts of welcoming her into our family.  Dan & I are still trying to let our brains catch up with all of the changes, but I think with a little more time and SLEEP, it will come. 

We were incredibly blessed to have Nana (my mom) stay with us for 2 whole weeks which allowed us to get our feet under us a bit before we had to try it on our own.  Monday was my first day alone with the 2 girls, and I have to say, the week has been pretty successful!  We've all been clothed, fed and bathed, and for now I feel pretty good about that.  How in the world anything else will get done around here I haven't quite figured out, but I'm guessing once I stop using the few minutes of down time for naps for myself that it will come.  Maybe.  Today Dan's Mom came over, which allowed me to run to the grocery store kid-free, and then nap while she mopped my floor, cleaned my bathroom, and did laundry.  Did I mention that we've been spoiled by our Moms?

Okay, I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves about the past weeks.  Because my brain can't seem to put together a complete sentence anymore.  Here ya go:


She has lots of fabulous expressions.  This one was captured just today.


My sweet Caroline

What do you think...red head?

Super Nana & her girls

Sisters!

For a few hours just the day after we came home from the hospital, ALL 4 of our parents were here in our home at the same time.  This was the first time they had all been in the same place since our wedding...5 1/2 years ago!

The best Daddy in the world & his girls

We took advantage of having Nana in town and went on a date (with Ellie) before she left, so we thought we'd take a quick family photo.  The date was fabulous!

3 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

Thanks so much for the update ... I've been waiting for a few more pictures! Sounds like all is settling in just fine - not that I had any doubts!

Momiss said...

So good to see the pics. You have been on my mind during these weeks, mostly I have just been thinking about how wonderful I know your life is right now. I hope you keep a journal, even if you only write one sentence a day. You will never want to forget any of this, even the bad days. Congratulations again.

Melinda

Nikki said...

I can't get over how much Ellie looks like both you and Dan :) It looks like Caroline is pretty fond of her little sister. Congratulations to all of you!