Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweet Corn!

I've been a bad bad blogger. But perhaps these photos will allow you to find it within your heart to forgive me. While I was home last week (yes, I went home to Missouri...so now I owe you the second half of our Cali pictures plus the bazillion-and-two that my sister took plus at least a little commentary to explain it all...and that's why I haven't blogged lately), Nana thought it was time for Caroline to experience one of the finer things in life - sweet corn! Apparently one of my Grandpa Schoon's favorite things to do with babies was to give them a buttery cob once someone had finished the corn (we're all family, right?), so my Mom decided to carry on the tradition. I'll let you decide from the pictures whether or not Caroline found this to be enjoyable.

















It was obviously pure torture.


As a bonus, here is a picture of my Dad's plate. Yes, he ate all of that by himself. And yes, we had a full meal apart from the sweet corn. And I'm pretty sure he's eating ice cream in this picture. Perhaps now Dan will understand why I simply cannot bring myself to only make two ears of corn for a meal.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Those eyes! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish sweet corn made me that happy! Such a sweet time. Thanks for making the effort. Love you.
~Mom

BChambers said...

Oh she is delicious!!