Friday, May 28, 2010

Tulip Festival!

Thank you, Mom & Dad, for sending the pictures so quickly! My blog friends thank you, too :)

Without further adieu, I present to you our little Dutch family:

Just hanging out in the tulip gardens.

Caroline getting dangerously close to picking a tulip (a crime worthy of hefty fines in OC) while her dutch daddy smiles on.


In all our dutch glory.

Grandma Ann & Grandpa AJ came, too! After we took this picture, another couple standing nearby (obviously tourists), then asked if they could also take their picture with Caroline. Of course we obliged them.


All smiles with her Great-Grandpa AJ


Just out for a stroll...in the parade. Caroline fell asleep about this time, so Daddy decided to carry her and would wave to the crowds with her limp little arm. It was pretty cute.

My cousin was crowned Tulip Queen when she was a senior in high school - obviously a huge honor in this community. She wasn't able to come this year, but was gracious enough to let me wear her amazing costume, complete with lots of handmade beading and embroidery. So I just pretended like I was the Queen. No big deal.


Keeping watch over the buggy with sleeping baby.


Just a few of the millions of beautiful tulips.

My favorite Dutchman & baby.

Aunt Linda, thank you so much for all of the work you put in to having costumes for each of us, floats for us to ride on, and plenty of dutch treats during the down times. We had so much fun, and it was a joy for me to bring my own daughter to experience something I've enjoyed since I was her age. We look forward to the next time we can make it to the Tulip Festival!

3 comments:

Aunt Linda said...

You are so welcome! We loved having your family and Nana this year ... and especially loved having little Caroline wear the baby costume that I made 32 years ago! She made the perfect little Dutch doll! Next year ... third weekend in May ... MARK IT DOWN! Maybe we can get Brent, Kelsey, and Papa here too!

Amanda said...

What adorable little dutch people you are! Thanks so much for the walk down memory lane! Can't believe it's been 3 years since my last Tulip Fest :)

Megan said...

I so want to go with you all next time. That looks like so much fun!! I love things like that! Love the pictures and the little Dutch girl is the cutest I have ever seen!